August 27, 2015 – Webling Interactive: WPP’s wholly owned subsidiary J. Walter Thompson Australia has acquired a majority stake in Webling Interactive, an independent digital agency based in Sydney.
Webling offers an end-to-end service covering strategy, ideation, design and development across web, mobile, social, digital OOH and experiential channels. The agency has delivered milestone projects winning major awards including IABs, AIMIA and the Festival of Media.
Founded in 2004 by Deniz Nalbantoglu and Darren Clark, the agency’s clients include Acer, Amex, Coca-Cola, Coles, CommSec, Fuji Xerox, Google, Mirvac, QIC Shopping Centres, and Australian gardening supplies company, Yates.
For the year ending 30 June 2015, Webling’s revenues were A$4.4 million, with gross assets of A$1.3 million, as at the same date.
August 28, 2015 – Rapid Media Services Pty Ltd: WPP’s MediaCom, part of its global media investment management arm GroupM, has acquired a minority stake in Rapid Media Services Pty Ltd, a media communications agency in Australia with offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Founded in 2001 as part of full service advertising and communications agency, Rapid Media, Rapid Media Services specialises in media planning, strategy and buying across all traditional, digital and emerging channels.
Rapid Media Services has been affiliated with MediaCom in Australia since 2001. The company will continue to operate as an independent and stand-alone business led by Managing Director Vaughan O’Connor.
September 1, 2015 – nudeJEH: WPP’s wholly owned operating company Grey Group, the global communications network, has agreed to acquire nudeJEH, an advertising and digital agency in Thailand. Following the acquisition, nudeJEH will join Grey Group Thailand and be known as GREYnJ United.
Founded in 2011 through the merger of Nude Communication and JEH United, nudeJEH provides creative, branding, strategy consultation, web design and production services. The company also owns digital agency Nine Dotz.
Combined revenues for nudeJEH and Nine Dotz for the year ending 31 December 2014 were THB 239 million with gross assets of THB 123 million, as at the same date. nudeJEH employs more than 60 people.
Key clients include Ananda Development, Bangkok Airways, Bangkok Dusit Medical Services, Bio Consumer, Tesco Lotus and Puriku.
September 10, 2015 – Ideal Group: WPP has acquired a majority stake in Ideal Group, a digital branded content creator and public relations and public affairs firm comprising Agência Ideal Comunicação Ltda. and Concept Agência de Comunicação Ltda. in Brazil.
Ideal Group collectively employs 200 people and is based in São Paulo with an office in Rio de Janeiro. It was founded in 2007.
Ideal’s clients include Facebook, GE, Nike, Monsanto, Diageo, Dell, Goodyear, Spotify, AstraZeneca, 3M, Rio2016 and Whirlpool. Ideal will merge with H+K Strategies, WPP’s wholly-owned international communications consultancy, in Brazil. The new company will be known as Ideal H+K Strategies.
ConceptPR’s clients include top Brazilian and global brands such as Mondelez, Oakley, Itaú, JBS, Ultragaz and Metrô São Paulo. Following the investment, ConceptPR will merge with Ogilvy Public Relations, WPP’s wholly-owned operating company, in Brazil. The merged entity will operate as Ogilvy PR in the market.
September 14, 2015 – Jüssi Intention Marketing Ltda.: WPP’s wholly-owned operating company Ogilvy, the global marketing communications agency, has acquired a majority stake of Jüssi Intention Marketing Ltda., an online performance, programmatic and conversion marketing agency in Brazil.
Jüssi’s clients include Allianz Global Assistance & Corporate, Amazon, Decathlon, FNAC, Google, LinkedIn and Terra. Founded in 2010, the company employs 120 people and is based in São Paulo. Jüssi will be part of the Ogilvy Group in Brazil (Ogilvy & Mather, David Agency, Nine, Etco and Foster) and will continue to operate under the Jüssi name.
September 29, 2015: WPP’s wholly owned operating company Cohn & Wolfe, a brand communications agency, has agreed to acquire a majority stake in Six Degrees PR, a full-service public relations agency, and its content and integrated marketing subsidiary Alphabet Consulting.
Founded in 2009 and with offices in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, Six Degrees has extensive public relations, public affairs, crisis management and digital media experience. The agency also delivers content and integrated marketing campaigns through Alphabet Consulting. Clients include regional and multinational companies such as Amadeus, Cushman & Wakefield, Dalmia Bharat Group, Hughes, Ingersoll Rand and Nokia.
November 4, 2015 – Essence Digital Limited: WPP has agreed to acquire a majority stake in Essence Digital Limited, the global digital agency and the world’s largest independent buyer of digital media.
Essence blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Financial Times, Google, HP, Viber and Tesco Mobile. Essence will continue to operate as an independent brand within WPP and GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management division.
Founded in 2005 in London, with offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Singapore and Tokyo, Essence employs 500 people and deploys campaigns in more than 70 markets, managing media spend of over US$700 million.
November 11, 2015 – Yonder Media: WPP’s GroupM, the media investment management group, has acquired a majority stake in mobile marketing agency Yonder Media in South Africa.
Established in 2005, Yonder Media is a mobile-first digital and social media agency. Yonder Media’s proprietary technology framework supports a broad range of services covering mobile and social media strategy, media planning, buying and management and application development. Based in Johannesburg, the agency employs around 30 people.
Yonder Media’s unaudited consolidated revenues for the year ended 28 February 2015 were approximately ZAR 20 million, with gross assets at the same date of approximately ZAR 18 million.
November 16, 2015 – Helder Marketing & Communicatie B.V.: Maxus, WPP’s media investment management agency that is part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management division, has agreed to acquire Helder Marketing & Communicatie B.V., a media buying agency based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Founded in 2006, Helder is a value-added media agency with a focus on direct response and ROI evaluation services. Helder specialises in DRTV but also offers marketing consultancy, creative services and print management services to its clients in the Benelux. Helder’s revenues for the year ended 31 December 2014 were approximately €1.13 million with gross assets of approximately €1.14 million as at the same date.
From 1 January 2016 Maxus will legally merge with Helder to create Maxus + Helder. Current clients will continue to work with their familiar teams but will benefit from a broader base and a substantial expansion of in-house knowledge and services.
UK, London & Australia, Sydney & Australia, Melbourne & Thailand & Brazil, São Paulo & India, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore & South Africa, Johannesburg & The Netherlands, Amsterdam
- WPP June acquisitions update – Poster Conseil (Paris), WANDA Digital (Turkey), Chemistry Media (New Zealand), TechEdge (Denmark), Greenhouse Group B.V (The Netherlands), SET Creative (USA) Posted on June 30, 2015
- WPP acquires Medialets in the US Posted on April 15, 2015
- WPP’s Xaxis acquires mobile advertising and e-commerce company ActionX Posted on March 30, 2015
- WPP to acquire minority stake in FlowNetwork in Sweden Posted on March 10, 2015
- WPP’s Wunderman acquires majority stake in digital marketing agency Phantasia in Peru Posted on January 7, 2015
- WPP leads US$250 million investment round in George Pyne’s Bruin Sports Capital January 6, 2015
- WPP acquires digital agency Clarus in Mexico Posted on December 18, 2014
- WPP increases its stake in IBOPE, Latin America’s data investment management group December 17, 2014
- JWT New Zealand acquires Heyday, a New Zealand digital agency Posted on December 8, 2014
- WPP’s POSSIBLE acquires digital agency Swift in the US Posted on December 3, 2014
- WPP’s GroupM acquires 49% of Haworth Marketing + Media in the United States Posted on September 23, 2014
- WPP to acquire Teein in China September 22, 2014
- WPP invests $25M for a stake in AppNexus September 22, 2014
- WPP and ITV invest in digital content studio Indigenous Media September 16, 2014
- Y&R Advertising acquires creative and research agency from MCS Holding in Mongolia September 15, 2014
- Kantar Health acquires health consultancy services company Evidências in Brazil Posted on September 15, 2014
- JWT acquires majority stake in search engine marketing specialist Blinks in Brazil Posted on September 5, 2014
- JWT acquires majority stake in digital agency Try in Brazil Posted on September 4, 2014
- GroupM has agreed to acquire digital search marketing agency Keyade in France Posted on August 26, 2014
- Millward Brown acquires research firm InsightExpress in the US Posted on August 26, 2014
- POSSIBLE acquires mobile developer Double Encore in the US Posted on August 6, 2014
- 6 new WPP acquisitions Posted on July 7, 2014
- WPP’s Bates CHI & Partners to acquire Temple Advertising in India June 5, 2014
- WPP to acquire digital marketing agency Quirk in South Africa Posted on May 6, 2014
- GroupM takes majority stake in mobile media agency aMVG (Aerodeon) in Turkey Posted on May 2, 2014
- WPP’s Wunderman acquires FusePump in UK Posted on March 31, 2014
- JWT to acquire majority stake in Social Wavelength in India Posted on March 27, 2014
- WPP to acquire XMKT Group, a marketing services agency in China Posted on March 25, 2014
- JWT to acquire Egift, a premium and gift specialist in China Posted on March 24, 2014
- WPP to acquire majority stake in digital technology consultancy Cognifide in the UK Posted on March 24, 2014
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires a majority stake in Memac in the MENA region Posted on March 12, 2014
- WPP Digital acquires minority stake in Percolate in the United States Posted on February 26, 2014
- WPP’s Xaxis to acquire media trading firm Bannerconnect Posted on February 5, 2014
- WPP takes majority stake in GroupM and JWT businesses in Russia Posted on January 13, 2014
- WPP agrees to acquire majority stake in Marketeers Vietnam Posted on January 10, 2014
- GroupM acquires digital media specialist, plista, in Germany Posted on January 7, 2014
- WPP’s December acquisitions – Crystal Semantics, Vocanic, Social Lab, Fisheye Analytics, Richard Attias & Associates, ARMI, RC&M, ClickMedia and MASSCOM Posted on December 27, 2013
- WPP acquires majority stake in Cerebra Communications in South Africa Posted on November 27, 2013
- WPP acquires app creator Bottle Rocket Posted on November 8, 2013
- WPP’s VML acquires IM2.0, a digital advertising and media agency in China October 15, 2013
- WPP’s Kantar acquires Enprecis Posted on September 26, 2013
- WPP’s tenthavenue acquires minority stake in Candyspace in the United Kingdom Posted on September 2, 2013
- WPP Digital acquires minority stake in Mutual Mobile in the United States August 15, 2013
- WPP takes stake in early-stage mobile content platform Muzy June 18, 2013
- WPP to acquire a 49% stake in Heureka Group in Poland Posted on June 6, 2013
- WPP acquires Sinotrust Market Research in China from Experian Posted on May 13, 2013
- WPP announces results for the year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on May 2, 2013
- WPP makes strategic investment in SFX Entertainment March 18, 2013
- WPP’s XM acquires majority stake in Thomas Idea in Thailand March 14, 2013
- WPP acquires john st. a creative agency in Canada posted on March 7, 2013
- WPP reports better-than-expected full-year 2012 results Posted on March 1, 2013
- WPP acquires digital agency Salmon Posted on January 24, 2013WPP acquires remaining shares of three Colombian agencies Posted on January 11, 2013
- WPP’s GroupM acquires majority stake in PLAY Communication Posted on January 3, 2013
- WPP acquires stake in Globant Posted on January 3, 2013
- WPP to acquire a majority stake in Filmworks China Posted on December 18, 2012
- WPP’s GroupM acquires a majority stake in Netbooster Asia Posted on November 13, 2012
- Commarco/WPP acquires majority interest in digital agency KKLD in Germany Posted on July 24, 2012
- WPP Digital acquires majority stake in marketing technology solution group Acceleration Posted on July 23, 2012
- Millward Brown to acquire consumer insight company, Cadem Advertising, in Chile Posted on July 23, 2012
- Kantar completes the acquisition of a majority stake in Press Index S.A. in France Posted on July 17, 2012
- JWT acquires majority stake in digital agency, Activeark Oy in Finland Posted on July 17, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires majority stake in Foster, a digital agency in Brazil Posted on July 17, 2012
- Kantar to acquire a majority stake in Press Index S.A. in France Posted on July 6, 2012
- GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management arm, to acquire Alchemedia Posted on July 2, 2012
- Burson-Marsteller to acquire i&e SAS Posted on June 25, 2012
- WPP to acquire AKQA Posted on June 20, 2012
- WPP plc to acquire 87% of Press Index S.A posted on June 14, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires stake in Istropolitana Group posted on June 18, 2012
- JWT to acquire majority stake in Hungama Digital Services in India Posted on June 13, 2012
- KBM Group to acquire a majority stake in digital data agency Predictys SAS Posted on May 29, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather to acquire a stake in Today Advertising in Myanmar posted on May 21, 2012
- WPP’s Possible Worldwide acquires Grape LLC in Russia Posted on May 18, 2012
- WPP’s Penn Schoen Berland acquires First Movies International Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP Digital invests in mySupermarket Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP acquires EffectiveUI Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires stake in multinational retail marketing agency, Barrows Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP to acquire Carnation Internet Tanácsadó Zrt in Hungary Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires Crowdverb, an advocacy firm in the US Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010