CloserStill Media, organiser of eCommerce Expo in the UK as well as eCommerce Expo Asia, has acquired two eCommerce events taking place in Barcelona and Madrid, Spain, from organiser E World for an undisclosed sum.
In addition to the eShows, CloserStill also acquired the 1-2-1 eForum events held each year in the Spring and Autumn which hosts Spain’s largest online retail buyers for two days.
The eShows in Spain become part of CloserStill’s expanding portfolio of enterprise technology events, which includes events in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Singapore and Hong Kong attended annually by more than 75,000 delegates with more than 1,200 speakers and 900 exhibitors.
The E World team, headed by managing director Agustin Torres, has joined CloserStill Media Tecnología in Barcelona. CloserStill plans to expand its technology events portfolio in Spain with a roll-out of its international technology brands from 2020.
Sophie Baker-Davis, head of CloserStill’s technology portfolio, said, “We are excited about the opportunities in the Spanish marketplace. The online retailing world is making great strides in Spain. We are delighted to be working with Agustin and his team and look forward to investing with him to accelerate the growth and importance of the eShows to the e-commerce sector and to integrate them into our international technology and e-commerce network”.
The next upcoming event is eShow Madrid 2019 on 29-30 October, which will see the introduction of a new VIP Concierge programme and takes place at IFEMA with over 10,500 delegates and 130 exhibitors expected.
UK, London & Spain, Madrid & Barcelona
- Providence acquires CloserStill Media for £340M Posted on December 19, 2018
- CloserStill Media acquires a majority stake in The eLearning Guild in the US Posted on October 15, 2018
- CloserStill acquires majority stake in Masie Productions’ “Learning Conference” Posted on June 8, 2018
- CloserStill acquires Online Educa Berlin Posted on December 6, 2017
- CloserStill acquires pharmacy trade show Pharmagora from NewsMed Posted on March 31, 2014
- CloserStill acquires the Data Centre World event Posted on July 4, 2013
- CloserStill Media’s new investment arm acquires Red Publishing Posted on April 20, 2011
- CloserStill Media launches an investment arm and made its first acquisition Posted on April 13, 2011