Ascential PLC has acquired Clavis Insight for an initial cash consideration of $119 million plus future earn outs payable over three years.
Clavis provides eCommerce analytics, with proprietary technology enabling consumer product companies to track and optimise the performance of their products across hundreds of retailer websites and mobile commerce sites globally. Clavis customers include some of the world’s largest consumer product companies, such as P&G, Nestle, Unilever and L’Oreal.
Clavis will join Ascential’s Information Services division and is complementary to One Click Retail. Clavis employs 170 people, including 100 in Dublin, with hub locations in the US, UK, France and China serving a global customer base.
In the year to 31 December 2016 Clavis generated unaudited revenue of $13 million and an EBITDA loss of $7 million. Gross assets at 31 December 2016 were $19 million. Revenue is expected to grow to $17 million in the current financial year ended 2017 and Clavis is expected to break even in 2018. Clavis has a high level of recurring revenue with 95% of total revenue being subscription-based.
The initial cash consideration is $119 million. The earn out is payable in cash based on the annualised recurring revenue of the business at the end of each of the next three years to 2020 and is expected to total between approximately $25 million and $50 million. A portion of the earn out is subject to founders remaining in employment with the company.
Duncan Painter, CEO, Ascential, commented: “Ascential enables its customers to improve their business performance. As a high growth business that offers synergies with our existing brands, Clavis fits well with our strategy, strengthening our eCommerce analytics offering for consumer product companies. Through combination with OCR’s offering, we will provide ever more comprehensive, accurate and actionable analytics and insight.”
UK, London & Dublin, Ireland
- GlobalData acquires MEED Media from Ascential for £17.5M Posted on December 8, 2017
- Ascential sells its 11 remaining UK-based Heritage Brands to Metropolis International for £23.5M Posted on June 1, 2017
- Ascential plc acquires MediaLink for up to $207M Posted on February 8, 2017
- Wilmington acquire Health Service Journal from Ascential for £19M Posted on January 20, 2017
- Ascentual acquires One Click Retail Posted on September 25, 2016
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires GlobalData Holding Limited Posted on January 14, 2016
- Progressive Digital Media Group completes the acquisition of Datamonitor Financial, Datamonitor Consumer, MarketLine and Verdict businesses from Informa September 1, 2015
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires CurrentAnalysis Posted on July 8, 2014
- Progressive Digital Media Group – preliminary results for 2013 Posted on February 24, 2014
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires Pyramid Research from UBM Posted on December 12, 2013
- Progressive Digital Media Group – first 6 months results Posted on July 30, 2013
- Progressive Digital Media Group preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- Progressive Digital Media Group Plc – interim report for the six months ended 30 June 2012 Posted on July 26, 2012
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires Kable from Guardian News and Media Posted on July 5, 2012
- Progressive Digital Media Group Plc announces preliminary results for 2011 Posted on March 7, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.