Venues & Events Live, the UK’s leading events industry trade show and networking opportunity for corporate event organisers, has been sold by Monomax Limited to Ocean Media Group Limited, the London based events and digital information business. Paul Kelly, Director at Fusion, acted exclusively for Monomax Limited, the owner of Venues & Events Live Limited. The terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
Launched in 2005, Venues and Events Live attracts over 7,000 attendees in a business-focused but energetic environment. Venues and Events Live takes place at Old Billingsgate, London, over 2 days in September each year. With around 200 leading industry exhibitors, plus a full programme of features and workshops. Venues and Events Live is widely recognized as the key exhibition for anyone who organises corporate events.
In December 2016, Fusion also acted for the owners of Monomax Limited on the sale of Imbibe Media Limited to Reed Exhibitions, part of RELX Group. Imbibe Media Limited was the organisation behind Imbibe Live, the Imbibe media platforms, and the successful annual Sommelier Wine Awards.
Speaking about the sale, Fusion’s Paul Kelly said, “It was a pleasure to work with Simon White and Mark de Wesselow again. Venues & Events Live is a fantastic show for corporate event organisers; it delivers a great mix of education, inspiration and ideas as well as countless opportunities to network, foster relationships learn and pick up practical tips. I wish them every success.
Other Recent Fusion Exhibitions & Conferences Deals
- Green Power Global’s MIREC and AIREC Congresses sold to UBM
- Imbibe Media Limited sold to Reed Exhibitions
- WTG’s HR Directors Business Summit and Pan European HR Summit sold to Blenheim Chalcot
- Global Technology Forum sold to Clarion
- Sale of 50.1% stake in Global Pacific & Partners’ worldwide conference portfolio to ITE Group plc
- E-Health Media sold to Informa
- Global Grain Geneva and Global Grain Asia, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor
- Carson Systems sold to Wellesley Information Services
- eLitigation business Legal Inc is acquired by Grant Thornton
- UKIP Media & Events sold its aviation exhibition division, incorporating Aircraft Interiors Expo, to Reed Exhibitions
- Telcap Ltd, a leading B2B events and publshing business, sold to Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc