Global information and events company Ascential plc is to acquire Brand View Limited, a provider of price and promotion analytics for manufacturers and retailers. Ascential will buy the firm for an initial £29.8 million and a deferred payment of up to £8.2 million, subject to Brand View achieving subscription targets in the coming months.
Founded in 2008, Brand View offers data and analysis to retailers and manufacturers to allow them to measure and manage pricing and promotion activity and drive sales, across both off-line and on-line market places. Brand View serves over 200 customers from offices in Reading (UK), Stamford Connecticut (USA) and Paris (France).In the year to June 2018, Brand View generated revenues of £13m. Ascential is expecting the transaction to be earnings enhancing in its current financial year.
Duncan Painter, Chief Executive at Ascential, said, “We have a clear focus on providing information and capabilities that enable our customers to succeed in the digital economy. The acquisition of Brand View, using capital released from the sale of the exhibitions business, supports this goal by broadening our capabilities in ecommerce analytics. Brand View’s price and promotion expertise, and coverage of store-based activity, provides a comprehensive offering for both retailers and manufacturers.”
UK, London & Reading
- Ascential acquires WARC for £24M Posted on June 15, 2018
- ITE to acquire Ascential Events in £300M deal Posted on May 15, 2018
- Ascential plans to sell exhibitions arm to focus on digital Posted on February 27, 2018
- Ascential PLC acquires Clavis Insight Posted on December 27, 2017
- GlobalData acquires MEED Media from Ascential for £17.5M Posted on December 8, 2017
- Ascential sells its 11 remaining UK-based Heritage Brands to Metropolis International for £23.5M Posted on June 1, 2017
- Ascential plc acquires MediaLink for up to $207M Posted on February 8, 2017