United Business Media has acquired Publishing Expo, a tradeshow serving the UK publishing industry. UBM is acquiring the event on behalf of UBM Live from Legend Exhibitions Ltd for a total cash consideration of £320,000.
First staged in 2006, Publishing Expo () is the only major exhibition in the UK dedicated to the full range of digital and print publishing solutions. It comprises a two day exhibition and a free seminar programme addressing key issues in the publishing industries, as well as providing an opportunity to meet suppliers from all segments of digital and traditional media. The event attracts key decision-makers including senior production, circulation and distribution, marketing, design, editorial and sales staff from all types of publishing businesses, and increasingly those which are expanding into online and other digital publishing environments.
The 2011 edition of Publishing Expo will take place at Earls Court in London on 1-2 March and will be co-located with UBM Live’s existing complementary tradeshows Technology For Marketing & Advertising (www.t-f-m.co.uk) and the Online Advertising & Affiliate Expo. Publishing Expo will form part of UBM Live’s Marketing Technology and E Commerce Portfolio, which also includes Internet World and E Commerce Expo.
The acquisition is anticipated to exceed UBM’s cost of capital criterion in its first full year of ownership.
Simon Foster, Chief Executive of UBM Live said:
“The acquisition of Publishing Expo adds a further industry-leading event that complements our Technology For Marketing & Advertising and Online Advertising and Affiliate Expo events. Co-locating these events at a single venue at Earls Court in 2011 will enable us to provide the UK’s first comprehensive live event solution for marketing, advertising and media professionals and businesses.”
- UBM acquires Lead in Research for £1.45m Posted on November 2, 2010
- UBM acquires Hors Antenne for up to €9m Posted on October 20, 2010
- UBM acquires OBGYN.net for $0.8 million Posted on October 15, 2010
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010