OBGYN.net is a women’s health website for obstetrics and gynaecology professionals and consumers. The site provides article-based and multimedia content generated by both contributors and users. OBGYN’s archived, searchable online forums – some of which have been running for over 10 years – comprise approximately one million posts and include professional peer-to-peer discussions and consumer-to-physician/expert forums, as well as patient-to-patient support forums. OBGYN.net has a registered population of approximately 140,000 and attracts more than 500,000 unique visitors a month.
The acquisition of OBGYN.net expands UBM Medica’s network of sites for physicians and allows the business to meet growing advertiser demand for access to online audiences as healthcare readers and marketers shift from offline to online media. This shift is driving growth of approximately 20% per annum in US pharmaceutical and healthcare online advertising spending (estimated at $1.4 billion in 2009). The acquisition of a digital presence in the obstetrics and gynaecology market will allow UBM Medica to market both existing and new products and services across a broader audience which includes digital agencies, pharmaceutical companies and device companies seeking to reach obstetrics and gynaecology professionals.
Henry Elkington, CEO, UBM Medica said, “I’m very pleased to bring OBGYN.net into UBM Medica’s network of online resources for healthcare professionals and consumers. OBGYN.net has strong brand recognition as one of the leading sites focusing on women’s health issues and over the course of the last 10 years has built and hosted the interactions of a vibrant set of professional and consumer communities. OBGYN.net is a great addition to our successful online business and we look forward to developing it further.”
UK, London & USA, Del Valle, TX
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010