WPP’s wholly owned subsidiary Burson-Marsteller has acquired the assets of Crowdverb. It will be aligned with Direct Impact, grassroots advocacy firm that is also part of Burson-Marsteller. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Crowdverb is a start-up company based in Seattle, Washington, with an office in Austin, Texas. Crowdverb specializes in using an intensely data-driven approach to provide cost-effective, highly scalable activist mobilization around issues and legislation, to manage brand reputations and promote products. Founding partners Cyrus Krohn, Todd Herman and Sally Poliak have all worked in the technology sector, bringing a range of experience from companies including Microsoft and Yahoo, and Krohn and Herman served successive terms leading digital strategy for the Republican National Committee. Poliak is a 2010 recipient of the Stevie Award for Women in Business.
Crowdverb will complement the fundamentals of traditional grassroots advocacy with technical counterparts. The new offerings will include proprietary technologies, data and tools with advanced micro-messaging tactics that target the beliefs and attitudes of voters, consumers and activists.
USA, Seattle, WA
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010