Possible Worldwide, a global interactive marketing agency and part of WPP Digital, is to acquire a majority stake in Grape LLC in Russia.
Founded in 2002 by Andrey Vinograd and Boris Ryss and headed by CEO Andrei Anischenko, Grape is a Moscow-based digital marketing services agency with a focus on website and social media strategies. The agency employs 124 people and major clients include Henkel, JTI, MTS and SABMiller.
Grape’s consolidated unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2011 were approximately RUB 425 million with gross assets as at the same date of approximately RUB 216 million.
This investment continues WPP’s strategy of developing its services in fast-growing and important markets and sectors and strengthening its capabilities in digital media. WPP’s digital revenues totalled US$4.8 billion in 2011, representing approximately 30% of the Group’s total revenues of over US$16 billion. WPP has set a target of 35-40% of revenue to be derived from digital in the next five years.
WPP companies, including associates, employ around 1900 people in Russia with revenues of well over US$200 million. Across the Central and Eastern European markets collectively, WPP companies, including associates, employ almost 6,000 people with revenues of approximately US$600 million, underlining its leadership position in the advertising and marketing services sector in this important region.
UK, London & Russia. Moscow
- WPP’s Penn Schoen Berland acquires First Movies International Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP Digital invests in mySupermarket Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP acquires EffectiveUI Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires stake in multinational retail marketing agency, Barrows Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP to acquire Carnation Internet Tanácsadó Zrt in Hungary Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires Crowdverb, an advocacy firm in the US Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010