WPP has acquired a 35% interest in Barrows, specialists in retail marketing solutions. Barrows provides a diverse range of services – including retail strategy, shopper insight, design, manufacturing capabilities and innovative products – to blue chip clients in the fmcg sector.
Established in 1995, Barrows has offices in Brazil, South Africa, the UK and will shortly be opening in Singapore.
Barrows employs more than 400 people and its key clients and partners include the world’s leading fmcg companies across multiple geographies. The unaudited consolidated gross assets of the Barrows companies in which WPP is investing, as at 31 December 2011 were approximately US$18.3 million. Barrows’ total unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2011 were approximately US$62 million.
South Africa, Durban
- WPP to acquire Carnation Internet Tanácsadó Zrt in Hungary Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires Crowdverb, an advocacy firm in the US Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010