Allworld is a pure-play events business serving nine different industry sectors. It operates 51 tradeshows (a mixture of annual and biennial shows) in 11 countries: Singapore, China & Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, South Korea, Bahrain and Kuwait, and is the leading privately-held Asian exhibitions organiser (with a position in the Middle East). Allworld has events in sectors including Food & Hospitality, Packaging, Manufacturing, TMT and Oil & Gas. It has international sales teams based in London and Singapore; and has approximately 250 employees.
Commenting on the acquisition, Tim Cobbold, CEO of UBM, said: “The acquisition of Allworld is wholly in line with our Events First strategy and represents an exceptional opportunity to accelerate growth by investing in a high-quality events business. In so doing we cement our position as the leading events business in Asia and achieve the number one position in the fast-growing ASEAN region. We see excellent opportunities to accelerate organic growth in the business.
Allworld generated revenues of $97.2 million and EBITDA of $37.6 million (38.7% margin) during the twelve months ended 30 June 2016, of which $50.9 million was from annual events. Over the last 10 years the total revenues of the Business have grown at a 7.3% CAGR.
Annual events revenue for the period July to December 2015 was $29.4 million and for the period January to June 2016 was $21.5 million. Annual events revenue has grown at a 6.6% CAGR over the last two financial years and growth is expected to accelerate to double digit in each of calendar years 2017 and 2018. Annual events revenue growth rates are then expected to return to historic levels (7-8%) after 2018.
Biennial events represent approximately 40% of Allworld’s revenues on a calendar year basis, with modestly higher revenues in even years. Biennial revenues in the year to December 2015 were approximately $39.5 million and are expected to be relatively flat in the year to December 2017, reflecting good growth in the underlying odd-year portfolio, offset by headwinds in the Oil & Gas events. Strong growth is expected in 2018, at least in line with annual events, reflecting the revenue synergies and some recovery in the Oil & Gas events.
EBITDA margins in the year to December 2017 are expected to be approximately 35%, reflecting the biennial mix. Significant margin expansion is expected thereafter, primarily driven by revenue growth.
As at 30 June 2016, Allworld had gross assets of $62.9 million and generated an operating profit of $37.1 million for the twelve months ended 30 June 2016.
The deal is expected to close on 16 December in all geographies except Bahrain. Completion of the acquisition of the Bahrain entity containing Allworld’s Middle Eastern events is conditional upon completion of local reorganisation steps and approvals and is expected to occur within the next month.
UK, London & (Singapore, China & Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, South Korea, Bahrain and Kuwait)
- UBM divests electronics media portfolio Posted on June 3, 2016
- UBM buys Business Journals Inc for $69M Posted on April 22, 2016
- UBM sells PR Newswire to Cision Posted on December 15, 2015
- UBM buys Hospitalar, Latin America’s largest healthcare trade show posted on June 3, 2015
- UBM agrees to acquire Advanstar for $972M posted on October 3, 2014
- Advanstar Global acquires ENK International posted on December 7, 2012
- UBM in advanced talks to acquire Advanstar September 19, 2014
- UBM acquires cruise and maritime media business Seatrade Communications Posted on August 1, 2014
- UBM results for the six months ended 30 June 2014 posted on August 1, 2014
- UBM acquires Expo CIHAC in Mexico Posted on May 12, 2014
- UBM reports a 10 percent rise in full-year profit Posted on February 28, 2014
- Progressive Digital Media Group acquires Pyramid Research from UBM Posted on December 12, 2013
- UBM plc sells Property Week to Metropolis and UBM Channel to The Channel Company Posted on September 27, 2013
- Mash Media acquires International Confex from UBM Live Posted on September 21, 2013
- David Levin to step down as CEO of UBM Posted on September 16, 2013
- UBM report a decline in profits for the first six months Posted on August 5, 2013
- UBM Asia to acquire NOVOMANIA in China Posted on March 7, 2013
- UBM results for the year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on March 1, 2013
- Electra Partners to acquire UBM’s Data Services businesses Posted on February 5, 2013
- UBM acquires outstanding 50% stake of Canada Newswire for £30.1m Posted on November 1, 2012
- UBM acquires 70% stake in Turkish baby product tradeshow EFEM Posted on October 18, 2012
- UBM – results for the six months ended 30 June 2012 Posted on July 30, 2012
- UBM Aviation Routes Limited acquires Airlineroute.net Posted on May 20, 2012
- UBM plc acquires Negocios nos Trilhos, South America’s leading railway industry exhibition Posted on April 16, 2012
- UBM 2011 results Posted onFebruary 28, 2012
- UBM acquires four tradeshows Posted on February 28, 2012
- UBM acquires Renewable Energy India Posted on February 28, 2012
- UBM plc acquires 4G World exhibition and conference Posted on February 7, 2012
- UBM sells its Daltons business Posted on February 7
- Founders of Briefing Media to acquire UBM’s UK agriculture and medical general practitioner portfolios Posted on February 7, 2012
- UBM plc and Roularta Media Group form Belgian medical print journal joint venture business Posted on February 3, 2012
- UBM TechWeb acquires Online Marketing Summit Posted on November 19, 2011
- Intent Media acquires UBM titles for £2.4m Posted on June 27, 2011
- UBM acquires 70% of US catering tradeshow business Catersource for $5 million Posted on June 21, 2011
- UBM plc acquires AMB exhibitions business in South East Asia Posted on May 12, 2011
- UBM Medica sells The Consultant Print Group April 29, 2011
- UBM Q1 results Posted on April 21, 2011
- UBM disposes of French medical print business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM disposes of UK licensed trade portfolio Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Indian travel tradeshow SATTE Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM to acquire stake in Famdent, India’s largest dental exhibition and conference business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Publishing Expo tradeshow for £320,000 Posted on November 11, 2010
- UBM acquires Lead in Research for £1.45m Posted on November 2, 2010
- UBM acquires Hors Antenne for up to €9m Posted on October 20, 2010
- UBM acquires OBGYN.net for $0.8 million Posted on October 15, 2010
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010