UBM has acquired the annual 4G World telecoms and wireless trade show from Yankee Group Research on behalf of UBM TechWeb.
4G World is the largest independent telecoms and wireless event serving the US market. It is held annually in the autumn, with last year’s show attracting 8,500 registered attendees and 250 sponsors. The comprehensive conference program delivers updates on the latest innovations in wireless business and technology, featuring 200 leading industry speakers.
4G World serves the fast growing mobile broadband market, which is expected to serve 2.5 billion 4G subscribers by 2016 (source: Pyramid Research). UBM TechWeb will leverage its Light Reading and InformationWeek communities – which include key service provider and enterprise technology decision-makers – to further develop 4G World as an integrated event platform for 4G marketers around the globe.
Last year’s event ran 24-27 October 2011 and generated revenues of approximately $3.2 million. Gross assets as at 31 October 2011 were $0.2 million. The acquisition is expected to exceed UBM’s cost of capital criterion in its first full year of ownership.
The 4G World operational team, led by John Sellazzo, are based in Massachusetts. Eight employees are transferring with the business.
Tony Uphoff, CEO of UBM TechWeb said:
“This acquisition expands our offering in the rapidly-accelerating mobile broadband market. 4G World brings a valuable brand to our portfolio, and will immediately be able to tap into our thriving Light Reading and InformationWeek online communities serving global communications providers, enterprise technology executives, developers and the 4G marketers tasked with reaching them. I would like to welcome John Sellazzo and his team into UBM TechWeb and I look forward to working with them to drive the business forward in close co-operation with Joseph Braue, Group Director of UBM Techweb’s Light Reading Communications Network.”
- UBM sells its Daltons business Posted on February 7
- Founders of Briefing Media to acquire UBM’s UK agriculture and medical general practitioner portfolios Posted on February 7, 2012
- UBM plc and Roularta Media Group form Belgian medical print journal joint venture business Posted on February 3, 2012
- UBM TechWeb acquires Online Marketing Summit Posted on November 19, 2011
- Intent Media acquires UBM titles for £2.4m Posted on June 27, 2011
- UBM acquires 70% of US catering tradeshow business Catersource for $5 million Posted on June 21, 2011
- UBM plc acquires AMB exhibitions business in South East Asia Posted on May 12, 2011
- UBM Medica sells The Consultant Print Group April 29, 2011
- UBM Q1 results Posted on April 21, 2011
- UBM disposes of French medical print business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM disposes of UK licensed trade portfolio Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Indian travel tradeshow SATTE Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM to acquire stake in Famdent, India’s largest dental exhibition and conference business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Publishing Expo tradeshow for £320,000 Posted on November 11, 2010
- UBM acquires Lead in Research for £1.45m Posted on November 2, 2010
- UBM acquires Hors Antenne for up to €9m Posted on October 20, 2010
- UBM acquires OBGYN.net for $0.8 million Posted on October 15, 2010
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.