UBM has acquired the business and assets of AMB Exhibitions Sdn Bhd and AMB Events Sdn Bhd in Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines, on behalf of UBM Asia.
Established in 1996, AMB operates five exhibitions in Malaysia and Vietnam, with four further new events planned for this year – three in the Philippines and one in Vietnam. The shows serve the water, livestock, energy, and mechanical/electrical industries.
AMB’s two largest shows are AsiaWater and ASEAN M&E Expo, which together account for approximately two thirds of 2010 revenue. AsiaWater is a biennial exhibition focused on environmental protection, soil erosion, flood control, sanitation, wastewater and resource management; its sixth edition was held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in Malaysia in April 2010, covering 4,000 net square metres. ASEAN M&E Expo is a biennial umbrella event encompassing security and fire protection, ventilation, air conditioning, energy and power; the 2010 show – also held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre – covered 4,500 net square metres.
In 2010 the business generated revenues of approximately $4m. AMB’s founder Andrew Siow Kwang Vian will remain with the business as a consultant following the acquisition, together with his team of 15 employees. The business is headquartered in Malaysia.
Jimé Essink, President & Chief Executive Officer of UBM Asia said:
“The acquisition of AMB accelerates the expansion of UBM’s exhibition business into South East Asia. UBM has existing interests in the core industries served by AMB’s shows and complementary footprints in three of the region’s fastest growing economies – the Philipines, Malaysia and Vietnam – as well as successful operations in Thailand and Singapore. I would like to welcome Andrew Siow Kwang Vian and his team into UBM Asia and I look forward to working with them to drive the business forward in close co-operation with M.Gandhi, Managing Director of UBM in Malaysia and Thailand.”
Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines
- UBM Medica sells The Consultant Print Group April 29, 2011
- UBM Q1 results Posted on April 21, 2011
- UBM disposes of French medical print business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM disposes of UK licensed trade portfolio Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Indian travel tradeshow SATTE Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM to acquire stake in Famdent, India’s largest dental exhibition and conference business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Publishing Expo tradeshow for £320,000 Posted on November 11, 2010
- UBM acquires Lead in Research for £1.45m Posted on November 2, 2010
- UBM acquires Hors Antenne for up to €9m Posted on October 20, 2010
- UBM acquires OBGYN.net for $0.8 million Posted on October 15, 2010
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010