Private equity business Electra Partners has made a binding offer to acquire a portfolio of UBM’s Data Services (Delta) businesses for £160 million. Delta represents the bulk of UBM’s Data Services segment and includes its Health, Technology and IP, Trade & Transport, and Paper business units. Operating in 28 countries worldwide, the businesses provide data and information products which professionals use to support their decision-making and day-to-day business activities.
In 2012, the businesses generated revenue of £179.3m (£190.0m in 2011) and adjusted operating profit of £27.4m (£27.7m in 2011). As at 30 June 2012 the businesses had gross assets of £295.5m.
Electra Private Equity PLC and the Electra Partners Club 2007 LP will invest approximately £127 million jointly. That is, £114 million and £13 million respectively at completion.
Upon completion, the cash consideration of approximately £100m (net of working capital adjustments) will be used to repay bank debt. The vendor loan note, which will be held at amortised cost, will carry a 6% PIK coupon and has a final maturity of six years.
Commenting on the offer, Alex Fortescue, Chief Investment Partner at Electra Partners, said: “UBM’s Data Services businesses are a robust and diverse portfolio of businesses offering mission critical data products to users across five continents and five vertical segments. We are excited by the opportunities to develop these businesses and deliver value growth.”
- UBM acquires outstanding 50% stake of Canada Newswire for £30.1m Posted on November 1, 2012
- UBM acquires 70% stake in Turkish baby product tradeshow EFEM Posted on October 18, 2012
- UBM – results for the six months ended 30 June 2012 Posted on July 30, 2012
- UBM Aviation Routes Limited acquires Airlineroute.net Posted on May 20, 2012
- UBM plc acquires Negocios nos Trilhos, South America’s leading railway industry exhibition Posted on April 16, 2012
- UBM 2011 results Posted onFebruary 28, 2012
- UBM acquires four tradeshows Posted on February 28, 2012
- UBM acquires Renewable Energy India Posted on February 28, 2012
- UBM plc acquires 4G World exhibition and conference Posted on February 7, 2012
- UBM sells its Daltons business Posted on February 7
- Founders of Briefing Media to acquire UBM’s UK agriculture and medical general practitioner portfolios Posted on February 7, 2012
- UBM plc and Roularta Media Group form Belgian medical print journal joint venture business Posted on February 3, 2012
- UBM TechWeb acquires Online Marketing Summit Posted on November 19, 2011
- Intent Media acquires UBM titles for £2.4m Posted on June 27, 2011
- UBM acquires 70% of US catering tradeshow business Catersource for $5 million Posted on June 21, 2011
- UBM plc acquires AMB exhibitions business in South East Asia Posted on May 12, 2011
- UBM Medica sells The Consultant Print Group April 29, 2011
- UBM Q1 results Posted on April 21, 2011
- UBM disposes of French medical print business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM disposes of UK licensed trade portfolio Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Indian travel tradeshow SATTE Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM to acquire stake in Famdent, India’s largest dental exhibition and conference business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Publishing Expo tradeshow for £320,000 Posted on November 11, 2010
- UBM acquires Lead in Research for £1.45m Posted on November 2, 2010
- UBM acquires Hors Antenne for up to €9m Posted on October 20, 2010
- UBM acquires OBGYN.net for $0.8 million Posted on October 15, 2010
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010
UBM plc will issue its Full Year results on 1st March 2013 and host an Investor
Presentation, at the London Stock Exchange, at 11am that morning.
You must be logged in to post a comment.