The press are reporting that John Malone’s Liberty Global is preparing to make a bid for Virgin Media.
- Liberty Global set for Virgin Media bid – FT.com
- Virgin Media and Liberty Global in takeover talks – The Guardian
- Liberty Global to bid for Virgin Media – The New Statesman
Virgin Media has made the following short announcement today.
Virgin Media Inc. notes the recent press speculation in relation to a possible corporate transaction between Virgin Media Inc. and Liberty Global, Inc. Virgin Media confirms that it is in discussions with Liberty Global, Inc., a leading international cable company, concerning a possible transaction. Any such transaction would be subject to regulatory and other conditions. A further announcement will be made in due course.
- Scripps Networks Interactive and Virgin Media complete UKTV Transaction Posted on October 3, 2011
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010