Informa PLC has acquired Dove Medical Press, a privately held company specializing in the publication of Open Access peer-reviewed journals across the broad spectrum of science, technology and especially medicine. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Dove Medical Press was founded in 2003 with the objective of combining the highest editorial standards with the ‘best of breed’ new publishing technologies. The company has offices in Manchester and London in the United Kingdom, representatives in Princeton, New Jersey in the United States, and editorial offices in Auckland, New Zealand.
Stephen A. Carter, Informa Group Chief Executive, said: “The addition of Dove Medical Press adds strength and capability to our OA portfolio, further increasing choice and flexibility for researchers across a widening range of subject areas. Its track record, publishing platform and growing reputation in Health Sciences enhance our Journals business, strengthening our position in the attractive and growing OA market.”
Dove Medical Press is an independent OA journals publisher, founded in 2003, producing a range of quality OA journals, mainly in Health Sciences, with additional content in Science and Technology. A large proportion of its journals are indexed by the Web of Science and PubMed and a growing number have established and improving impact factors. Leading titles include OncoTargets and Therapy, International Journal of Nanomedicine and Clinical Ophthalmology.
The company has offices in Manchester and London in the United Kingdom, representatives in Princeton, New Jersey in the United States, and editorial offices in Auckland, New Zealand.
Financial details were not disclosed but the transaction is expected to be modestly accretive to adjusted earnings in the first full year of ownership and deliver a return on investment ahead of the cost of capital within three years.
UK, London & Manchester
- Informa acquires Yachting Promotions for £106M Posted on March 2, 2017
- Informa acquires Penton, the US- based Exhibitions and Information Services group, for £1.2bn Posted on September 16, 2016
- Progressive Digital Media Group completes the acquisition of Datamonitor Financial, Datamonitor Consumer, MarketLine and Verdict businesses from Informa Posted on September 1, 2015
- A Fusion Deal: UK Health IT exhibition EHealthLIVE sold to Informa PLC Posted on February 26, 2015
- Informa acquires a stake in Chinese company Baiwen Posted on November 27, 2013
- Informa completes the disposal of its five Corporate Training businesses Posted on October 1, 2013
- Informa disposes of its five corporate training businesses Posted on July 19, 2013
- Stephen Carter to replace Peter Rigby as Informa Group Chief Executive Posted on July 11, 2013
- Informa acquires Zephyr Associates for $62M Posted on October 16, 2012