WPP’s wholly-owned operating network Kantar, an information, insight and consultancy group, is to acquire 87% of the share capital of Press Index S.A. in France at a price of EUR 6.81 per share.
On completion, Kantar will file with the French Market Authority, l’Autorité des marchés financiers, a cash simplified public tender offer to purchase the outstanding shares of Press Index for the same price per share.
If, at the end of the public tender offer, the non-tendered shares held by the minority shareholders represent less than 5% of the share capital and voting rights of Press Index, Kantar intends to implement a squeeze-out procedure.
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Boulogne Billancourt (near Paris), Press Index is a search and media intelligence agency which has pioneered the press electronic monitoring business. The agency employs around 210 people across offices in France, UK, Spain and Italy.
Press Index’s consolidated audited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2011 were EUR 17.5 million, with gross assets of EUR 12 million as at the same date.
UK, London and France, Boulogne Billancourt
- GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management arm, to acquire Alchemedia Posted on July 2, 2012
- Burson-Marsteller to acquire i&e SAS Posted on June 25, 2012
- WPP to acquire AKQA Posted on June 20, 2012
- WPP plc to acquire 87% of Press Index S.A posted on June 14, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires stake in Istropolitana Group posted on June 18, 2012
- JWT to acquire majority stake in Hungama Digital Services in India Posted on June 13, 2012
- KBM Group to acquire a majority stake in digital data agency Predictys SAS Posted on May 29, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather to acquire a stake in Today Advertising in Myanmar posted on May 21, 2012
- WPP’s Possible Worldwide acquires Grape LLC in Russia Posted on May 18, 2012
- WPP’s Penn Schoen Berland acquires First Movies International Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP Digital invests in mySupermarket Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP acquires EffectiveUI Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires stake in multinational retail marketing agency, Barrows Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP to acquire Carnation Internet Tanácsadó Zrt in Hungary Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires Crowdverb, an advocacy firm in the US Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010