1. Kantar acquires majority stake in data visualisation and interactive specialist Guardian Digital Agency, in the UK
WPP’s wholly-owned data investment management arm, Kantar, has acquired the Guardian Digital Agency (“GDA”), a specialist data visualisation, site design and interactive development agency, previously part of Guardian News and Media Group. The company, which employs 13 people, will be rebranded under the new name Graphic. Many of Kantar’s 12 companies have already worked with GDA.
2. Grey to acquire a majority stake in Circus, Peru’s largest independent advertising agency
WPP’s wholly-owned operating company Grey, is to acquire a majority stake in Circus Peru S.A., the largest independent adverting agency in Peru.
Founded in 2008, Circus is a full-service integrated marketing company. Its subsidiaries include Circus Interactive, Circus Retail, Circus Experience, Brand Lab, a design company, and Carne, a second advertising agency. Circus will be integrated into the existing Grey Peru and be renamed Circus Grey.
Circus’ unaudited revenues were PEN 34 million as of December 31, 2013 with net assets of PEN 9.0 million as of the same date. Clients include Grupo Credito, Grupo Falabella, Claro and San Fernando. Based in Lima, the agency employs nearly 200 people.
Other WPP companies active in Peru (including affiliates) are Young & Rubicam, Ogilvy & Mather, J. Walter Thompson, GroupM, Burson-Marsteller, IBOPE, Kantar Worldpanel, TNS and Geometry Global.
UK, London & Peru, Lima
3. Millward Brown acquires global brand strategy company EffectiveBrands
WPP’s wholly-owned operating company Millward Brown, has acquired EffectiveBrands Holding B.V., a marketing strategy consulting firms.
Founded in 2001 by Marc de Swaan Arons and Frank van den Driest, the company’s unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 March 2014 were approximately EUR 14.1 million with gross assets at the same date of approximately EUR 6.5 million. Clients include Pernod Ricard, Virgin, Barclays, Unilever and PepsiCo. EffectiveBrands is headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in London, New York, Singapore and Tokyo and employs about 65 people.
Millward Brown will combine EffectiveBrands with Millward Brown Optimor, its strategy consulting unit, to form Millward Brown Vermeer. Millward Brown
UK, London & The Netherlands, Amsterdam
4. WT acquires majority stake in creative agency The Hardy Boys in South Africa
WPP’s wholly-owned operating company JWT, has acquired a majority stake in The Hardy Boys, a leading creative agency in South Africa.
Founded in 1994 in Durban, The Hardy Boys is a multi-disciplinary, brand building agency, with fully integrated activation capabilities. Clients include Unilever, Diageo, SA Home Loans, ADvTECH and RCL Foods amongst others.
The Hardy Boys’ revenues for the year ended 28 February 2014 were approximately ZAR 55 million, with gross assets at the same date of approximately ZAR 32.2 million.
UK, London & South Africa, Durban
5. Kantar Media acquires media intelligence business Precise
WPP’s wholly-owned media research and analytics business Kantar Media, has acquired a majority stake in the issued share capital of Precise Media Group Holdings Limited, a provider of monitoring and evaluation services.
Founded in 1996 and based in London, with offices in New York, Precise employs 430 people servicing 2,500 customers including multinational corporations, PR agencies, public sector bodies and SME clients. For the year ending 30 September 2013, Precise’s revenues were £28.9 million, with gross assets as at the same date of £34.4 million.
UK, London & USA, New York, NY
6. XM Asia to acquire majority stake in Sofresh in Vietnam
WPP’s wholly owned operating company, XM Asia, a JWT company, is to acquire a majority stake in Sofresh, a leading digital creative agency in Vietnam.
Sofresh, co-founded in 2007 by Ly Viet Vu and Justin Cohen, develops digital strategy, digital creative ideas and marketing campaigns across multiple digital channels, including social media, mobile and the web. The company also designs and builds e-commerce platforms, customer relationship management systems and in-store digital installations.
Sofresh works with a range of local and global clients, including Diageo, GSK, Kinh Do, Techcombank and Unilever.
Sofresh had revenues of VND 35.7 billion for the year ending December 31, 2013, with gross assets of VND 30.1 billion, as at the same date. The company employs 85 people.
Sofresh marks WPP’s third acquisition in Vietnam in seven months. In Vietnam, WPP companies (including associates) generate revenues of about $80 million and employ approximately 1,000 people.
UK, London & Vietnam
- WPP’s Bates CHI & Partners to acquire Temple Advertising in India June 5, 2014
- WPP to acquire digital marketing agency Quirk in South Africa Posted on May 6, 2014
- GroupM takes majority stake in mobile media agency aMVG (Aerodeon) in Turkey Posted on May 2, 2014
- WPP’s Wunderman acquires FusePump in UK Posted on March 31, 2014
- JWT to acquire majority stake in Social Wavelength in India Posted on March 27, 2014
- WPP to acquire XMKT Group, a marketing services agency in China Posted on March 25, 2014
- JWT to acquire Egift, a premium and gift specialist in China Posted on March 24, 2014
- WPP to acquire majority stake in digital technology consultancy Cognifide in the UK Posted on March 24, 2014
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires a majority stake in Memac in the MENA region Posted on March 12, 2014
- WPP Digital acquires minority stake in Percolate in the United States Posted on February 26, 2014
- WPP’s Xaxis to acquire media trading firm Bannerconnect Posted on February 5, 2014
- WPP takes majority stake in GroupM and JWT businesses in Russia Posted on January 13, 2014
- WPP agrees to acquire majority stake in Marketeers Vietnam Posted on January 10, 2014
- GroupM acquires digital media specialist, plista, in Germany Posted on January 7, 2014
- WPP’s December acquisitions – Crystal Semantics, Vocanic, Social Lab, Fisheye Analytics, Richard Attias & Associates, ARMI, RC&M, ClickMedia and MASSCOM Posted on December 27, 2013
- WPP acquires majority stake in Cerebra Communications in South Africa Posted on November 27, 2013
- WPP acquires app creator Bottle Rocket Posted on November 8, 2013
- WPP’s VML acquires IM2.0, a digital advertising and media agency in China October 15, 2013
- WPP’s Kantar acquires Enprecis Posted on September 26, 2013
- WPP’s tenthavenue acquires minority stake in Candyspace in the United Kingdom Posted on September 2, 2013
- WPP Digital acquires minority stake in Mutual Mobile in the United States August 15, 2013
- WPP takes stake in early-stage mobile content platform Muzy June 18, 2013
- WPP to acquire a 49% stake in Heureka Group in Poland Posted on June 6, 2013
- WPP acquires Sinotrust Market Research in China from Experian Posted on May 13, 2013
- WPP announces results for the year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on May 2, 2013
- WPP makes strategic investment in SFX Entertainment March 18, 2013
- WPP’s XM acquires majority stake in Thomas Idea in Thailand March 14, 2013
- WPP acquires john st. a creative agency in Canada posted on March 7, 2013
- WPP reports better-than-expected full-year 2012 results Posted on March 1, 2013
- WPP acquires digital agency Salmon Posted on January 24, 2013WPP acquires remaining shares of three Colombian agencies Posted on January 11, 2013
- WPP’s GroupM acquires majority stake in PLAY Communication Posted on January 3, 2013
- WPP acquires stake in Globant Posted on January 3, 2013
- WPP to acquire a majority stake in Filmworks China Posted on December 18, 2012
- WPP’s GroupM acquires a majority stake in Netbooster Asia Posted on November 13, 2012
- Commarco/WPP acquires majority interest in digital agency KKLD in Germany Posted on July 24, 2012
- WPP Digital acquires majority stake in marketing technology solution group Acceleration Posted on July 23, 2012
- Millward Brown to acquire consumer insight company, Cadem Advertising, in Chile Posted on July 23, 2012
- Kantar completes the acquisition of a majority stake in Press Index S.A. in France Posted on July 17, 2012
- JWT acquires majority stake in digital agency, Activeark Oy in Finland Posted on July 17, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires majority stake in Foster, a digital agency in Brazil Posted on July 17, 2012
- Kantar to acquire a majority stake in Press Index S.A. in France Posted on July 6, 2012
- GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management arm, to acquire Alchemedia Posted on July 2, 2012
- Burson-Marsteller to acquire i&e SAS Posted on June 25, 2012
- WPP to acquire AKQA Posted on June 20, 2012
- WPP plc to acquire 87% of Press Index S.A posted on June 14, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires stake in Istropolitana Group posted on June 18, 2012
- JWT to acquire majority stake in Hungama Digital Services in India Posted on June 13, 2012
- KBM Group to acquire a majority stake in digital data agency Predictys SAS Posted on May 29, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather to acquire a stake in Today Advertising in Myanmar posted on May 21, 2012
- WPP’s Possible Worldwide acquires Grape LLC in Russia Posted on May 18, 2012
- WPP’s Penn Schoen Berland acquires First Movies International Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP Digital invests in mySupermarket Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP acquires EffectiveUI Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires stake in multinational retail marketing agency, Barrows Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP to acquire Carnation Internet Tanácsadó Zrt in Hungary Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires Crowdverb, an advocacy firm in the US Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.