Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. has acquired Asian Food Channel (AFC), a food-focused pay television network. The Asian Food Channel, which is based in Singapore, reaches about 8 million subscribers in 11 markets.
“Asia and the rapid growth in pay television households throughout the region hold great promise for Scripps Networks Interactive and its international ambitions,” said Kenneth W. Lowe, the company’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Acquiring the Asian Food Channel significantly expands our presence in key growth markets and provides us with a solid foundation on which to build a growing lifestyle media business in the region. The channel aligns perfectly with our lifestyle programming focus.”
The Asian Food Channel broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week and leverages a substantial library of acquired Asian and international video content as well as a growing number of originally-produced programs. The network generates revenues through regional and local advertising sales as well as fees from pay television operators.
Derek Chang, who was appointed recently as managing director of the Asia Pacific region for Scripps Networks Interactive, will oversee the management and integration of the Asian Food Channel. He also will oversee operations of Scripps Networks Interactive’s existing networks in the region.
USA, Knoxville, TN & Singapore
- Scripps Networks Interactive is acquiring Travel Channel International for £65M Posted on March 22, 2012
- Scripps reports fourth-quarter results Posted on February 28, 2012
- Scripps provides revenue guidance for 2012 Posted on January 19, 2012
- The E.W. Scripps Company third quarter results Posted on November 9, 2011
- Scripps to buy nine television stations from McGraw-Hill for $212 Million Posted on October 4, 2011 — Fusion DigiNet
- Scripps Networks Interactive and Virgin Media complete UKTV Transaction Posted on October 3, 2011
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010
- Iconix Brand Group acquires “Peanuts” Posted on April 27, 2010
- Scripps sells uSwitch to Forward Internet Group – updated Posted on March 2, 2010
- Scripps Networks Interactive acquires 69% of NDTV Lifestyle Posted on November 19, 2009