Immediate Media Co is to acquire BBC Good Food, the UK’s biggest food media brand, from BBC Studios. The deal, Immediate’s first acquisition under the ownership of Hubert Burda Media, continues the company’s development as it looks to accelerate its growth through strategic M&A and product development. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Launched in 1989, BBC Good Food has the biggest cross-media reach of any UK magazine brand. bbcgoodfood.com is the UK’s largest food website, with 22 million visitors globally a month; BBC Good Food magazine, is the best-selling food magazine in the UK, with 1.3 million monthly readers; whilst the BBC Good Food show live events are the largest and most popular food and drink shows in the UK, with over 250,000 visitors a year.
Immediate Media CEO Tom Bureau said, “We are excited to be acquiring BBC Good Food. Not only is this the biggest brand in food publishing and media, but is absolutely on strategy for Immediate, given our focus on high value special interest communities, and cements our market leadership in the Food sector. We see significant opportunity in growing the brand, which we know well from working closely with BBC Studios. I’m looking forward to welcoming the hugely talented BBC Good Food team to Immediate, and we are committed to continue to produce the world-class content they are known for, whilst developing the brand across all platforms.”
BBC Good Food will form a new food business portfolio for Immediate. Headed up by BBC Good Food’s publishing director, Chris Kerwin, who takes up the role of food managing director, reporting to group managing director, Alison Forrestal.
Under the terms of the deal, the BBC Good Food brand name and the bbcgoodfood.com URL are licensed to Immediate by BBC Studios.
- Immediate Media Co to acquire Future’s Sport and Craft titles Posted on May 29, 2014
- Hubert Burda Media acquires luxury publisher EMM in India Posted on July 1, 2013
- Burda International GmbH takes over Gruner + Jahr activities in Poland Posted on April 18, 2013
- Hubert Burda UK chief buys Love It! and Full House! Posted on May 17, 2012
- Immediate Media acquires You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby from Hearst Magazines UK Posted on January 12, 2012
- Hubert Burda Media UK completes the purchase of Wedding and Wedding Flowers magazines from IPC Posted on November 30, 2011
- IPC Media sells Wedding and Wedding Flowers magazines to Hubert Burda Media UK Posted on November 19, 2010
- Hubert Burda Media buys into XING AG (European online business network) Posted on November 18, 2009