Wedding is an inspirational glossy for brides-to-be, offering a myriad of ideas for the most glamorous event of its readers’ lives. Wedding Flowers is the UK’s only consumer magazine devoted to big day blooms, providing beautiful ideas alongside practical and expert advice.
The deal sees Burda acquire the brands – currently published within the IPC Southbank portfolio – with immediate effect. There will be no interruption to the publishing schedule of the titles.
Hubert Burda Media UK publishes a number of respected consumer and b2b titles, including Love it!, Full House!, Your Home, Essential Kitchen Bathroom Bedroom Magazine and Essential Kitchen & Bathroom Business.
IPC Southbank managing director Jackie Newcombe says:
“It has been a pleasure to work with Catherine Westwood and her team over the past few years; they are hugely talented and have produced two magazines of real quality for IPC Southbank. I know that I speak for all my colleagues in wishing them well in their new home and I would like to thank them personally for their contribution to our business.”
Luke Patten, CEO of Hubert Burda Media UK, says: “We are delighted to add Wedding and Wedding Flowers to our portfolio, and look forward to welcoming the entire team to our High Holborn office. Laying claim to 25 successful years already, both titles will be receiving significant investment in order to improve and expand the brands even further.”
Staff transfer to Burda with immediate effect.
- Dennis Publishing acquires Health & Fitness magazine Posted on January 13, 2010
- Hubert Burda Media buys into XING AG (European online business network) Posted on November 18, 2009
- IPC Media sells Railway Magazine to Mortons Media Group Posted on October 31, 2010
- IPC Media sells Hi-Fi News to MyHobbyStore Posted on October 31, 2010
- A Fusion Deal: IPC sells Model Collector and Stamp Magazine to MyHobbyStore.com Posted on October 11, 2010
- More IPC title sales Posted on October 7, 2010
- IPC sells two more titles Posted on October 5, 2010
- Kelsey Publishing acquires Cage and Aviary Birds from IPC Media Posted on September 29, 2010