The Railway Magazine is renowned for offering a clear and trusted voice for the railway community, covering all aspects of the scene: from steam through to modern rail developments.
The deal sees Mortons acquire the brand – currently published within the IPC Inspire portfolio – with immediate effect. There will be no interruption to the publishing schedule of the title.
Part of the Mortons of Horncastle Limited group, Mortons Media Group is one of the UK’s largest independent publishers, producing a large range of magazine titles in classic and modern motorcycle sectors, scootering, heritage railways, heritage transport, lifestyle and farming.
IPC Inspire managing director Paul Williams says: “With brands like Heritage Railway and Rail Express in its portfolio, Mortons provides an ideal home for The Railway Magazine. The continued commitment and focus of the magazine’s team through IPC’s strategic review is a real credit to their professionalism. I’d like to thank them personally and wish them all the very best for the future.”
Mortons managing director Brian Hill adds: “We are proud to welcome such an historic and authoritative title as The Railway Magazine into the Mortons family. We look forward to working with Nick Pigott and his editorial team to further develop its position as the market leading title in the railway sector.”
Staff transfer to Mortons with immediate effect.
UK, London & Lincolnshire
- IPC Media sells Hi-Fi News to MyHobbyStore Posted on October 31, 2010
- A Fusion Deal: IPC sells Model Collector and Stamp Magazine to MyHobbyStore.com Posted on October 11, 2010
- More IPC title sales Posted on October 7, 2010
- IPC sells two more titles Posted on October 5, 2010
- Kelsey Publishing acquires Cage and Aviary Birds from IPC Media Posted on September 29, 2010