Imagine’s portfolio includes 19 magazines, around 300 annual bookazines and a complementary web presence. The company publish in four key markets – technology, photography, video games and science. Titles include include All About History, Digital Photographer, World of Animals, GamesTM, Retro Gamer, Nowgamer.com, X-ONE, Play, For Beginners and SciFiNow.
The company was formed with private funds in 2005 by Damian Butt, Steven Boyd and Mark Kendrick. All were former directors of publishing companies.
Imagine is expected to report revenue of £16.4m for year to 31 March 2016, with EBITA of £3.1m, margin of 19% and cash generated from operations of £3.4m
Upon completion of the Acquisition, the vendors of Imagine will own, in aggregate, c.32.8% of Future’s enlarged issued share capital
Zillah Byng-Thorne, Future plc Chief Executive said, “This is a unique opportunity to acquire a market leading knowledge, science and technology content business which will complement and expand our capabilities.
Future’s share price jumped eight per cent to 8.5p after the deal was announced.
UK, Bath & Bournemouth
- August Equity LLP exits its investment in Imagine Publishing Posted on November 23, 2010
- Kelsey Publishing acquires Auto titles and Triathlon Plus from Future for £2.1M Posted on July 25, 2014
- Immediate Media Co to acquire Future’s Sport and Craft titles Posted on May 29, 2014
- Immediate Media acquires You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby from Hearst Magazines UK Posted on January 12, 2012
- Profits rise at Future plc Posted on November 22, 2013
- Future acquires APC and TechLife – from Bauer Media Group in Australia Posted on August 16, 2013
- Future plc – interim results for the half-year ended 31 March 2013 May 22, 2013
- Future sells Classic Rock and Metal Hammer Posted on April 2, 2013
- Future plc interim management statement for the period from 1 October 2012 to date Posted on February 4, 2013
- Future Plc preliminary results – earnings boosted by digital growth Posted on November 27, 2012
- Future sells its US Music division to New Bay Media for $3M Posted on January 13, 2012
- Future PLC’s CEO & FD resign Posted on October 27, 2011
- Future Publishing emerges as a contender for BBC Worldwide’s magazine division Posted on February 24, 2011