Microsoft Corp. is to acquire LinkedIn for $196 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at $26.2 billion, inclusive of LinkedIn’s net cash. A large premium over the company’s recent public valuation.
In their announcement, Microsoft said LinkedIn will retain its distinct brand, culture and independence.
Jeff Weiner will remain CEO of LinkedIn, reporting to Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. Reid Hoffman, chairman of the board, co-founder and controlling shareholder of LinkedIn, and Weiner both fully support this transaction. The transaction is expected to close this calendar year.
USA, Redmond, WA & Mountain View, CA
- LinkedIn is to acquire lynda.com for around $1.5Bn Posted on April 16, 2015
- LinkedIn to Acquire Bizo Posted on July 22, 2014
- LinkedIn acquires Newsle Posted on July 14, 2014
- Linkedin reports revenues up 81% February 12, 2013
- LinkedIn acquires SlideShare Posted on May 7, 2012
- Linkedin shares soar on opening Posted on May 20, 2011
- LinkedIn, the business-focused social network, has filed registration documents for an initial public offering Posted on May 10, 2011