Immediate Media Co, the special interest content and platform company, is to acquire Upper Street Events Ltd, one of the UK’s leading producers of consumer enthusiast events. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Upper Street Events is a specialist producer of over 15 events a year at the heart of the UK’s art & design, craft, cycling, dance and specialist travel scene. The acquisition of Upper Street significantly strengthens Immediate’s strategic audience development capabilities. The alignment of the special interest events, such as craft, with Immediate’s existing portfolio of brands, should create future growth opportunities.
Immediate reaches over 22 million UK consumers monthly across a range of special interest sectors, including food, cycling, parenting, weddings and craft. In the craft sector alone, Immediate reaches four million active crafters every month across its current content platforms.
Immediate Media CEO Tom Bureau said, “The acquisition of Upper Street Events is a further step in Immediate’s multiplatform transformation complementing our strategy of focusing on special interest content and communities. We see significant opportunities for growth and development in the events space, both in the markets Upper Street already operate in and with our portfolio of market-leading brands. This deal enhances our ability to offer our consumers world class content, products, services and experiences, across print, digital and live events.”
- Immediate Media acquires BBC Good Food Posted on September 3, 2018
- Immediate Media Co to acquire Future’s Sport and Craft titles Posted on May 29, 2014
- Hubert Burda Media acquires luxury publisher EMM in India Posted on July 1, 2013
- Burda International GmbH takes over Gruner + Jahr activities in Poland Posted on April 18, 2013
- Hubert Burda UK chief buys Love It! and Full House! Posted on May 17, 2012
- Immediate Media acquires You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby from Hearst Magazines UK Posted on January 12, 2012
- Hubert Burda Media UK completes the purchase of Wedding and Wedding Flowers magazines from IPC Posted on November 30, 2011
- IPC Media sells Wedding and Wedding Flowers magazines to Hubert Burda Media UK Posted on November 19, 2010
- Hubert Burda Media buys into XING AG (European online business network) Posted on November 18, 2009