The E. W. Scripps Company has provided a broad outlook for the revenue performance of its television stations and newspapers in 2012.
For the full year 2012, total television revenues should increase by more than 50 percent. That includes more than $100 million of revenue for the stations that were acquired from McGraw-Hill Broadcasting Company on December 30, 2011.
Excluding the newly acquired stations, television revenue should increase more than 15 percent, fueled by low-to-mid-single-digit growth of core revenue, and political revenue that should exceed the $42 million figure reported in the previous presidential election cycle.
Newspaper revenue should be down slightly to approximately $400 million.
The commentary was part of prepared remarks at the Noble Financial Equity Conference. A replay can be heard by visiting the investor relations page at http://www.scripps.com.
More-detailed guidance for the first quarter of 2012 will be released when the company reports its year-end earnings in February.
USA, Cincinnati, OH
The E.W. Scripps Company third quarter results Posted on November 9, 2011
- Scripps to buy nine television stations from McGraw-Hill for $212 Million Posted on October 4, 2011 — Fusion DigiNet
- Scripps Networks Interactive and Virgin Media complete UKTV Transaction Posted on October 3, 2011
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010
- Iconix Brand Group acquires “Peanuts” Posted on April 27, 2010
- Scripps sells uSwitch to Forward Internet Group – updated Posted on March 2, 2010
- Scripps Networks Interactive acquires 69% of NDTV Lifestyle Posted on November 19, 2009
- McGraw Hill to split into two public companies Posted on September 13, 2011
- Platts to acquire Steel Business Briefing Group Posted on June 30, 2011
- Platts completes acquisition of BENTEK Energy Posted on January 5, 2011
- Platts to acquire BENTEK Energy Posted on December 14, 2010
- Platts to acquire Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) Posted on December 9, 2010
- McGraw-Hill Education acquires Starting Out, provider of life-skills and workforce development reference resources Posted on November 7, 2010