Global specialist media platform Future plc is to acquire the consumer division of Purch, the next generation digital publishing and marketplace platform, operating in the consumer technology and science verticals. The deal will see Future acquire Purch’s publisher services division (ad sales) along with the Business-to-Consumer (B2C) group in a deal worth over $132 million.
The acquisition will give Future a leading position in consumer technology publishing in the U.S. Purch has successfully grown its digitally-led business and generates more than $1 billion annually in facilitated commerce through its tech, shopping, lifestyle and SMB brands, including Tom’s Guide, Tom’s Hardware, Top Ten Reviews, ShopSavvy and Business.com.
Future CEO Zillah Byng-Thorne said, “Future’s mission to be a technology-enabled global platform for specialist media takes another big step forward today with this announcement. I’ve been impressed by the strength of Purch’s technology platforms and the expertise of its people. Together we can build a combined organization that has scale and growth opportunities ahead. The two businesses share similar cultures – we both share our audiences’ passion, we’re data-driven, ambitious and both have an innovative mindset. From day one Future will be number one in the U.S. consumer technology sector, and beyond this we see clear opportunities for combined growth.”
UK, London & US, San Francisco, CA
- Future completes the acquisition of four consumer titles from Haymarket
- May 2, 2018
- Future plc acquires five specialist consumer titles from Haymarket Media Group for £14M Posted on March 21, 2018
- Future plc to acquire Imagine Publishing for £14.2M Posted on June 23, 2016
- Kelsey Publishing acquires Auto titles and Triathlon Plus from Future for £2.1M Posted on July 25, 2014
- Immediate Media Co to acquire Future’s Sport and Craft titles Posted on May 29, 2014
- Profits rise at Future plc Posted on November 22, 2013
- Future acquires APC and TechLife – from Bauer Media Group in Australia Posted on August 16, 2013
- Future plc – interim results for the half-year ended 31 March 2013 Posted on May 22, 2013
- Future sells Classic Rock and Metal Hammer Posted on April 2, 2013
- Future plc interim management statement for the period from 1 October 2012 to date Posted on February 4, 2013
- Future Plc preliminary results – earnings boosted by digital growth Posted on November 27, 2012
- Future sells its US Music division to New Bay Media for $3M Posted on January 13, 2012
- Future PLC’s CEO & FD resign Posted on October 27, 2011
- Future Publishing emerges as a contender for BBC Worldwide’s magazine division Posted on February 24, 2011
You must be logged in to post a comment.