Hearst Magazines UK has announced its senior publishing team and key business leaders.
Hearst Magazines UK, which publishes 24 magazines and 22 digital assets, was launched earlier this month following the completion by Hearst Corporation of the UK portion of its international transaction with Lagardère SCA. The deal brought together National Magazine Company and Hachette Filipacchi UK Ltd, and the combined business rebranded as Hearst Magazines UK.
The senior appointments across the publishing groups are:
- Anna Jones has been appointed Acting COO of Hearst Magazines UK, reporting to Arnaud de Puyfontaine. Anna, who was Digital Strategy Director at Hachette Filipacchi UK, will work with Arnaud to implement the new agreed business strategy with overall responsibility for the publishing operation for the business.
- Meribeth Parker will lead the Luxury group comprising ELLE, ELLE Decoration, Esquire, Harper’s Bazaar and Red. Meribeth was previously Group Publishing Director for NatMag’s Young Women’s Group. She will be supported by Publisher Nadia Dawson.
- Judith Secombe will lead the Lifestyle group comprising Coast, Country Living, Good Housekeeping, House Beautiful, Prima, Prima Baby, Psychologies and You & Your Wedding. Judith was previously Director of Sales at Hachette Filipacchi UK. She will be supported by Publishing Director Steven Seaton.
- Ella Dolphin joined Hearst Magazines UK this week to lead the Young Women’s Group comprising Cosmopolitan, Company and Zest. Ella was previously at Bauer Consumer Media where she was Publisher of Grazia.
- Alun Williams continues as Group Publishing Director of Hearst Magazines UK joint venture, NatMag-Rodale.
- Hearst Magazines UK will appoint a new Group Publishing Director for the Weeklies Group – All About Soap, Best, Inside Soap, Real People and Reveal – in due course. In addition to her Acting COO role, Anna Jones will continue to lead the Weeklies group on an interim basis. Grace Stewart has been appointed Publisher for the weeklies.
- Rebecca Miskin has been appointed Digital Strategy Director. She will continue to lead the integration. In addition, to her role, Rebecca will assume responsibility for the digital operation at Hearst Magazines UK and create the company’s digital blueprint for 2012.
- Matt Salmon will continue in his role as Group Commercial Director for Hearst Magazines UK.
- Sharon Douglas will continue as Consumer Sales & Marketing Director. Sharon will be supported by Brand Marketing Director Reid Holland.
- Andy Humphries will continue in his role as Finance Director.
- Nanette Gibb continues in her role as HR Director.
- Kevin Hand (formerly Chairman of Hachette Filipacchi UK) will remain with Hearst Magazines UK as an adviser to the Chief Executive and the business.
- Hearst Corporation completes UK portion of Lagardère Global Acquisition Posted on August 6, 2011
- Hearst completes U.S. portion and majority of its overall acquisition of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on June 1, 2011
- Lagardere and Hearst sign the share purchase agreement for the sale of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on March 29, 2011
- Negotiations for Hearst’s Acquisition of Lagardere’s International Press and Magazine Business confirmed Posted onJanuary 5, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010
- Hearst Corporation acquires iCrossing Posted onJune 6, 2010