Publisher Hearst UK has agreed a deal with Telegraph Events to acquire Be:FIT, the UK’s largest and leading fitness and wellbeing festival for women, Salon QP, the UK’s premier luxury watch fair and QP Magazine, the UK’s leading luxury watch magazine. The deal is part of Hearst UK’s strategic commitment to grow and diversify revenues. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Be:FIT, Salon QP and QP Magazine will join a portfolio of brands and events targeting consumers interested in luxury and health & wellness from titles such as Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Esquire, Harper’s Bazaar and ELLE to events such as Esquire Townhouse, Cosmopolitan Self Made and Country Living Fairs.
Victoria Archbold, Managing Director of Events and Sponsorship at Hearst Live, said: “This deal plays to the strengths of our brands and is a perfect fit for our publishing and events business. We are seeing unprecedented growth in experiential events – our attendance levels doubled last year primarily because our consumers are so engaged in our brands and those we choose to work with. From a commercial perspective, we have created successful collaborations with a number of like-minded brands that have delivered a great return on investment. Expanding our events portfolio will enable us to create more of these brand partnership platforms.”
- Hearst completes acquisition of Rodale magazine and book businesses Posted on January 9, 2018
- Hearst Corporation acquires WVTM-TV (NBC) in Birmingham, Ala. & WJCL-TV (ABC) in Savannah, Ga. Posted on December 23, 2014
- Hearst Corporation to increase equity interest in Fitch Group to 80 percent December 12, 2014
- Hearst Magazines UK sells Coast Magazine and transfers Psychologies licence to Kelsey Publishing Posted on May 29, 2012
- Immediate Media acquires You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby from Hearst Magazines UK Posted on January 12, 2012
- Hearst Corporation completes the acquisition of the majority of Hachette China operations Posted onDecember 6, 2011
- Kaboodle to merge With StyleSpot Posted on October 3, 2011
- Hearst Magazines UK announces its senior team Posted on September 23, 2011
- Hearst Corporation completes UK portion of Lagardère Global Acquisition Posted on August 6, 2011
- Hearst completes U.S. portion and majority of its overall acquisition of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on June 1, 2011
- Lagardere and Hearst sign the share purchase agreement for the sale of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on March 29, 2011
- Negotiations for Hearst’s Acquisition of Lagardere’s International Press and Magazine Business confirmed Posted onJanuary 5, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010
- Hearst Corporation acquires iCrossing Posted on June 6, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.