Sky News is reporting that Discovery Communications and Liberty Global are forming a joint venture to acquire All3Media, which is owned by the London-based private equity group Permira. The deal is expected to value All3Media at more than £550m. The transaction, is expected to be announced on Friday.
Fusion DigiNet previously reported that All3Media was considering a sale in April 2011.
all3media was formed in 2003 following the acquisition of Chrysalis Group’s TV division in September 2003, led by Steve Morrison, David Liddiment, Jules Burns and John Pfeil. In September 2006, Permira became all3media’s majority shareholder.
Since November 2012 All3Media has been led by Farah Ramzan Golant. Previously Farah had a 25 year career in advertising, rising through the ranks of AMV BBDO. She serves on the Board of Trustees of the National Theatre, the Prime Minister’s Business Advisory Group and the Advisory Board of the Cambridge Judge Business School.
all3media group comprises eighteen production companies, independent creators of TV and multi-platform programming from around the world. Its TV shows include Gogglebox, Midsomer Murders, Shameless and Skins.
UK, London & USA, Englewood, CO & USA, Silver Spring, MA
- AMC Networks to acquire Chellomedia from Liberty Global for $1BN Posted on October 28, 2013
- Liberty Global confirms acquisition of Virgin Media – Deal Terms Posted on February 6, 2013
- Press speculation – John Malone’s Liberty Global is preparing to make a bid for Virgin Media Posted on February 5, 2013
- ALL3MEDIA considers a sale Posted on April 1, 2011
- All3Media acquires Optomen Television, producer of The F Word Posted on August 29, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.