The publisher Hearst has finalised the acquisition of global health and wellness content company Rodale’s magazine and book businesses, announced in October 2017. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
With 93 editions in 64 countries, Rodale is credited with having launched the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, and publishes many established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Prevention, Rodale’s Organic Life, Runner’s World and Bicycling. Rodale Books is known for conversation-changing titles including Former Vice President Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz’s Onward and Dave Asprey’s The Bulletproof Diet. Upon completion of the acquisition, Rodale’s multi-platform content business will be managed by Hearst Magazines, a unit of Hearst with more than 300 editions and websites around the world.
Hearst Magazines President David Carey said, “Maria Rodale has grown her family’s business into a peerless authority that reaches an enormous audience. Hearst and Rodale are already publishing partners around the world, including the U.K., the Netherlands and Japan, and we’ve seen first-hand how the content resonates. We are pleased to add them and all of Rodale’s brands to our vibrant and varied global portfolio, providing readers with dependable information and offering marketers unbeatable scale and a trustworthy environment in the increasingly important health and wellness space.”
United States, New York, NY & Emmaus, PA
- Hearst Corporation acquires WVTM-TV (NBC) in Birmingham, Ala. & WJCL-TV (ABC) in Savannah, Ga. Posted on December 23, 2014
- Hearst Corporation to increase equity interest in Fitch Group to 80 percent December 12, 2014
- Hearst Magazines UK sells Coast Magazine and transfers Psychologies licence to Kelsey Publishing Posted on May 29, 2012
- Immediate Media acquires You & Your Wedding and Prima Baby from Hearst Magazines UK Posted on January 12, 2012
- Hearst Corporation completes the acquisition of the majority of Hachette China operations Posted onDecember 6, 2011
- Kaboodle to merge With StyleSpot Posted on October 3, 2011
- Hearst Magazines UK announces its senior team Posted on September 23, 2011
- Hearst Corporation completes UK portion of Lagardère Global Acquisition Posted on August 6, 2011
- Hearst completes U.S. portion and majority of its overall acquisition of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on June 1, 2011
- Lagardere and Hearst sign the share purchase agreement for the sale of Lagardere’s international magazine business Posted on March 29, 2011
- Negotiations for Hearst’s Acquisition of Lagardere’s International Press and Magazine Business confirmed Posted onJanuary 5, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010
- Hearst Corporation acquires iCrossing Posted on June 6, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.