Publicis Groupe has acquired two specialty marketing agencies in Asia: King Harvests and Luminous. Both agencies will be integrated into MSLGROUP, the flagship strategic communications network of Publicis Groupe. Founded in 2002, with 360-degree marketing capabilities across Tier-one and Tier-two cities in Mainland China, King Harvests’ staff of more than 100 offer particularly strong expertise in both events and experiential marketing to local and international clients including Bosch, Haier, Sanyo and Siemens.
Established in 2005 and with more than 40 employees, Luminous is an award-winning experiential marketing consultancy with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau. Luminous produces live marketing events for clients including Cathay Pacific, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Prudential.
Agency heads Laura Lee and Antony Spanbrook – founders of King Harvests and Luminous, respectively – will report to Isabelle Chouvet, the founder of Emotion, MSLGROUP’s high-end and luxury events communication agency in Asia. King Harvests’ and Luminous’ experiential marketing expertise will enrich the scope of Emotion’s service offering.
“We have made our development in fast-growing markets in general, and China in particular, a top priority for the Groupe,” explained Jean-Yves Naouri, Publicis Groupe COO and Chairman, Publicis Groupe China. “The acquisitions of King Harvests and Luminous are important milestones, and further testimony to our commitment to China. We will continue strengthening our capabilities and footprint in China for the benefit of our clients and employees.”
Olivier Fleurot, MSLGROUP CEO, commented “Experiential marketing is today viewed by both agencies and clients as one of the biggest marketing opportunities for the next few years, alongside social/digital. We’re therefore very excited to have King Harvests and Luminous join us to expand our Asian offering in this space.”
“People today want the chance to experience a brand‘s promisesfor themselves,“ Isabelle Chouvet added. “‘Experiential‘ is a huge growth area globally, and by bringing King Harvests and Luminous into the fold we can offer more of what our clients are increasingly asking for in Asia today.” Chouvet will now oversee a network of 280 people in Asia, across Beijing, Hong Kong,Macau, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
King Harvests and Luminous are the latest in a series of acquisitions in Greater China by Publicis Groupe, including Eastwei Relations, Interactive Communications Ltd (ICL), Dreams, Genedigi, Wangfan, Gomye and most recently UBS. It is in line with Publicis Groupe’s strategy to increase its presence in fast growing markets, with China at its core and where Publicis Groupe has set an objective to double its size.
France, Paris & Hong Kong & China, Shanghai
- Publicis Groupe acquires U-Link Business Solutions Posted on February 24, 2012
- Publicis Groupe full year and fourth quarter results Posted on February 10, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires The Creative Factory for Saatchi & Saatchi Russia Posted on January 25, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires Mediagong Posted on January 19, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires Gomye Posted on December 7, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Chinese digital agency Wangfan Posted on November 2, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Schwartz Communications Posted onSeptember 18, 2011
- Publicis acquires an equity stake in social media agency Big Fuel Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires a majority stake in DPZ Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority stake in longterm affiliate Spillmann/Felser/Leo Burnett Posted on July 6, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire digital marketing agencies Rosetta Posted on May 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Beijing-based Dreams Posted on May 12, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Tailor Made April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire GP7 Posted on April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010