Publicis Groupe is to acquire GP7, a Sao Paulo-based advertising agency focused on emerging social classes as well as travel and tourism. The agency will be renamed Publicis Red Lion (a unit of Publicis Brazil), and will be aligned with Publicis Worldwide. The CEO of GP7, Joao Fernando Vassao, will become Managing Director of Publicis Red Lion and will henceforth report to Orlando Marques, CEO of Publicis Brazil.
GP7 was established in 2004 and employs 40 communications specialists. The agency offers the full range of advertising and communications services including creative work, corporate communication, strategic planning, media buying and marketing services. Key clients include CVC Turismo (largest tour operator in Latin America), Car System (car satellite monitoring system), Yakult (dairy products), Webjet Linhas Aereas (airline company), GJP Hotels & Resorts, and GJP Participacoes (investment company).
This transaction follows Publicis Groupe’s acquisition of a majority stake in the Talent Group last week, as well as 2010 operations such as acquiring Taterka (minority share) and AG2. Bolstering its presence in Brazil remains a key strategic priority for Publicis Groupe.
Publicis Groupe has nearly 1, 200 employees in Brazil and is present through its global networks Leo Burnett, Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi, VivaKi, and MSLGROUP.
Jean-Yves Naouri, Executive Chairman of Publicis Worldwide, “GP7 is yet another step forward in Publicis Worldwide’s growth strategy in Brazil which is now its third regional market. This acquisition not only bolsters our teams but also broadens the range of services we can offer our clients at local and international levels.”
France, Paris & Brazil, San Paulo
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010