Publicis Groupe has acquired Airlock, a London-based digital engagement agency, specialising in multi-platform interactive solutions. The Airlock brand will become part of the Leo Burnett Group in the UK.
Airlock provides clients with the full spectrum of digital and interactive communications services including creative development, digital brand strategy, web design, online advertising, social media, digital outdoor, metrics & reporting, content management systems (CMS), e-commerce solutions, as well as platform & application development.
Founded in 2001, Airlock is an Emmy, Webby, BIMA and IAB award-winning agency with clients that include the BBC, NBC Universal, Channel 4 and Wrangler. The agency’s team of 16 digital specialists strengthens Leo Burnett’s rapidly-expanding digital capabilities, bringing the number of digital specialists in the UK Leo Burnett Group to more than 85.
The agency will continue to be headed by its current leadership: Will Lebens, Managing Director; Charlie Martin, Creative Director, Joseph Denne, Technical Director; Chris Mair, Strategy Director. They will report into the Group Chief Digital Officer, Marc Giusti.
Digital is one of the two growth drivers at the heart of Publicis Groupe’s targeted acquisition strategy and today accounts for 28% of the Groupe’s revenue. Over the next three years, Publicis Groupe aims to increase the percentage of revenue derived from digital to 35%.
Andrew Edwards, Group Chairman and CEO Leo Burnett (UK): “Leo Burnett UK digital operations have been gaining a very nice momentum over the past months. Today’s acquisition of Airlock not only further strengthens our offer, but more importantly, it represents an important investment in creativity and innovation for our clients.”
France, Paris & UK, London
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010