Publicis Groupe is to acquire Interactive Communications Ltd (ICL), a Taiwan public relations and social media consultancy. For the past seven years, ICL has been an affiliate of MSLGROUP, Publicis Groupe’s flagship specialty communications, PR and events network.
Founded in 1998 and employing 30 communications professionals, ICL specializes in innovative communications campaigns combining public relations, social media and event experiences. The ICL team has worked for companies across more than 25 different sectors, and clients include Procter & Gamble, The Coca-Cola Company, Sony, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Particularly renowned for its creativity and innovative social media capabilities, ICL was recently recognized at Campaign Asia-Pacific’s 2010 ‘Digital Media Awards’ for its social media work for Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Following the acquisition, the agency will continue to be led by founders Cindy Chou, who serves as Chair of ICL MSL, and Mario Fang, Managing Director. Both leaders have more than 15 years of experience in the marketing industry. Cindy Chou was named Taiwan CEO of the year in 2009 and 2010 by BRAIN magazine, Taiwan’s leading marketing and technology publication. Both Cindy Chou and Mario Fang will join the MSLGROUP Greater China Management Board, and Cindy Chou will henceforth report to Glenn Osaki, President, MSLGROUP Asia.
The acquisition of ICL is Publicis Groupe’s fourth in Asia for the MSLGROUP network in the past five months. MSLGROUP Greater China is a top five international PR agency with eight offices and 225 staff across Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Olivier Fleurot, Chief Executive Officer, MSLGROUP remarked, “We are delighted that ICL has become a fully fledged member of MSLGROUP. This new addition reflects our commitment to provide our local and multinational clients with a best-in-class team in Taiwan and seek out partners who share our long-term vision and commitment to building an innovative offering for clients.”Cindy Chou, Chair of ICL MSL and member MSLGROUP Greater China Management Board, commented, “ICL has worked with the MSLGROUP global network as an affiliate for the last seven years and our staff and clients have come to rely upon this relationship to add value to our activities in Taiwan. Now that we are officially joining MSLGROUP, we will be focused on expanding our role in the Greater China team to service key clients and deepening our expertise in social media marketing.”
France, Paris & Taiwan, Taipei
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010