Publicis Groupe has acquired a further 11% in Brazil’s Talent Group, bringing its stake up to 60%. The increased participation follows Publicis Groupe’s acquisition of 49% of the agency in October 2010. This latest move does not impact Talent management, and the agency remains under the leadership of founding partners Julio Ribeiro and Paulo Zoega. Talent will continue to align under the Publicis Worldwide global advertising network. Publicis Groupe will be able to consolidate Talent in its numbers from April 5, 2011.
With more than 230 employees, Talent is one of the most prominent advertising groups in Brazil, and provides advertising services such as strategy, creative, media planning, digital communication, below-the-line, promotion, activation and mass media communication. The agency services clients such as Semp Toshiba (electronics), Santander (banking), Net (cable TV, internet and telephone operator), Ipiranga (fuel), Tigre (PVC products), Alpargatas (fashion), Dicico (home improvement), Serasa Experian (database management), Jequiti Cosmeticos (beauty and health care), Mapfre (insurance), Ovomaltine (food and beverage), Adria Alimentos (food) and Monsanto (biotechnology).
This transaction is in line with Publicis Groupe’s strategy of targeted acquisitions aimed at bolstering its presence in high-growth markets such as Brazil. According to ZenithOptimedia forecasts (April 2011), Brazil ad expenditure grew by 18.1% in 2010. The forecasts predict a 9.5% increase over the course of 2011, followed by 7.0% and 7.2% growth in 2012 and 2013 respectively. Brazil is to become the sixth ad market in the world in 2011.
Publicis Groupe has close to 900 employees in Brazil and is present through its global networks Leo Burnett, Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi, VivaKi, and MSLGROUP.
Comments Jean-Yves Naouri, Chief Operating Officer Publicis Groupe & Executive Chairman Publicis Worldwide, “Brazil is one of the most promising markets in the world and Talent is one of the most accomplished agencies in Brazil. This partnership will fuel growth for both partners and signals Publicis Worldwide’s continued intent to build strength in fast moving BRIC markets”.
France, Paris & Brazil
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010