Energy management services firm World Energy Solutions has announced financial results for the year ended December 31, 2011.
- Annual revenue grew 17% to $21.1 million
- Adjusted EBITDA was $2.9 million for the year
- Gross margins for the year increased 2% to 81%
- Cash from operations $3.6 million for the year
- Cash and cash equivalents at year end were $1.8 million, with no bank debt
- Subsequent to year end, expanded credit facility to $5 million
Acquisitions in the year
- Co-eXprise’s energy procurement business – DigiNet article
- Northeast Energy Solutions – DigiNet article
- GSE Consulting – DigiNet article
“2011 was a transformational year for World Energy,” said Richard Domaleski, CEO of World Energy Solutions. “We posted record revenue and record net income – a full year of profitability – and completed our 9th consecutive quarter of positive adjusted EBITDA. We exit the year with our highest levels of both annual and total backlog. Additionally, we advanced our leadership in energy management and seeded future growth through a series of strategic moves, culminating in the acquisition of three companies in late 2011, which together have brought us new customers, capabilities and revenue streams.
“Looking across the business today, World Energy has never been stronger. We are gaining market share with a differentiated offering that is clearly resonating with customers; successfully renewing contracts with, and deepening our penetration of, existing accounts; and continuing to expand our network of regional and national channel partners. And now with our newly acquired teams rapidly gaining traction in their respective markets, we reiterate our expectation to grow revenue by 40-60% in 2012, with profit increasing at an even faster rate.”
USA, Worcester, MA
- World Energy Solutions acquires energy management and procurement company GSE Consulting Posted on November 2, 2011
- World Energy Solutions acquires energy efficiency firm Northeast Energy Solutions Posted on October 26, 2011
- World Energy Solutions acquires Co-eXprise’s energy procurement business Posted on September 14, 2011
You must be logged in to post a comment.