Publicis Groupe has acquired Dreams Communication, a Chinese agency which serves the healthcare and consumer industries.
Dreams will become part of Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG) and will be renamed Publicis Life Brands Dreams. The acquisition extends the PHCG China footprint and marks the network’s second acquisition in the Asia Pacific region this year, following Watermelon in India in March.
Founded in 2003, Dreams employs nearly 50 people and offers advertising and design, digital, medical education, and event planning services to mainly pharmaceutical and healthcare clients. Its clients include Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Xian-Janssen, Beijing FH Land, and the Ministry of Culture of China.
Bin (Simon) Sun will remain at the helm of Dreams and take the title of Managing Director, Publicis Life Brands Dreams, along with Kathy Zhao, who will become General Manager, Publicis Life Brands Dreams.
Nick Colucci, CEO and President of PHCG, said, “Adding Dreams to the PHCG portfolio further advances our key strategy to enhance our presence in emerging markets. We are especially excited to have expanded our offering in China-a market we see with tremendous potential for healthcare communications.” Bin (Simon) Sun, Managing Director of Publicis Life Brands Dreams, added, “I am pleased that Dreams will become part of the Publicis Healthcare Communications Group. This is an important step in our growth strategy. Working alongside PHCG agencies allows us to benefit from the global expertise of the leading healthcare communications network and will allow us to become a leading healthcare agency in China.”
France, Paris & China, Beijing
- Publicis Groupe acquires Tailor Made April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire GP7 Posted on April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010