Publicis Groupe is acquiring Tailor Made, a Brazilian independent advertising agency established by Paulo Giovanni. According to the terms of the agreement, Publicis Groupe immediately acquires a minority stake of the new agency, and has the possibility of increasing its participation to 100% by 2013. The agency will be integrated into Leo Burnett Brazil, which will be renamed Leo Burnett Tailor Made. It will be chaired by Paulo Giovanni, newly named CEO of Leo Burnett Tailor Made.
Leo Burnett Tailor Made will work out of Leo Burnett’s current offices in Sao Paulo, and will provide its clients with the full range of communications services. With 160 communications professionals, the agency will service clients including Fiat, Procter & Gamble, Rossi, Samsung, Walmart / Sam’s Club, Phillip Morris, Camil, Emirates, Chrysler Group and Radio Disney.
Brazil is an important market for Publicis Groupe. Today’s announcement is the third transaction for Publicis Groupe this month in Brazil, following the acquisition of GP7, and the increased participation (60%) in the Talent Group. Publicis Groupe’s 2010 operations in Brazil include the acquisitions of Taterka (minority share) and AG2.
Tom Bernardin said: “Our objectives for Leo Burnett Brazil are bold and aggressive. With our already strong presence in the market and a reputation for creative excellence, the acquisition of Tailor Made, and most importantly the leadership of Paulo Giovanni, we are better positioned than ever to take advantage of the opportunities in this booming market. Paulo is a proven leader and I am delighted to welcome him to the Leo Burnett Worldwide leadership team.”
France, Paris & Brazil, San Paulo
- Publicis Groupe to acquire GP7 Posted on April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010