Publicis Groupe has acquired U-Link Business Solutions Co. Ltd (UBS), one of the leading Chinese agencies specialised in healthcare communications.
UBS will become part of Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG) and will be renamed UBS Saatchi & Saatchi Health.
Founded in 1997, UBS employs approximately 170 people at its Shanghai headquarters and Beijing office. UBS offers PR, events management, medical association relationships and brand management to its clients, which include Abbott, GenSci Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Roche, Wyeth and Xian-Janssen.
“The Chinese healthcare market is one of the fastest growing in the world” declared Nick Colucci, CEO and President of PHCG: “Adding UBS to our portfolio brings the Saatchi & Saatchi Health flagship brand to China, and will make PHCG one of the largest healthcare communications groups in the region.”
UBS co-founder and CEO Frank Xu will remain at the helm, taking the title of Managing Director and reporting directly to Ash Kuchel, President of PHCG Asia Pacific region.
With UBS’s acquisition PHCG continues its expansion in Asia, following its recent acquisitions of Beijing Dreams Advertising and Beijing Dreams Zhiyang Communication (May 2011) and the India-based Watermelon agency (March 2011).
This is the latest in a series of China agency additions for Publicis Groupe that includes Wangfan and Gomye (November 2011), Genedigi (June 2011), Dreams (May 2011), Interactive Communications Ltd (February 2011) and Eastwei Relations (November 2010).
France, Paris & China, Shanghai
- Publicis Groupe full year and fourth quarter results Posted on February 10, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires The Creative Factory for Saatchi & Saatchi Russia Posted on January 25, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires Mediagong Posted on January 19, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires Gomye Posted on December 7, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Chinese digital agency Wangfan Posted on November 2, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Schwartz Communications Posted onSeptember 18, 2011
- Publicis acquires an equity stake in social media agency Big Fuel Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires a majority stake in DPZ Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority stake in longterm affiliate Spillmann/Felser/Leo Burnett Posted on July 6, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire digital marketing agencies Rosetta Posted on May 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Beijing-based Dreams Posted on May 12, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Tailor Made April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire GP7 Posted on April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.