Publicis Groupe has acquired 100% of Gomye, a full service digital agency providing integrated and interactive marketing services, with offices in Beijing as well as Chengdu and Chongqing, two rapidly growing major cities in western China. Gomye will be rebranded to become Publicis Modem Beijing (the digital arm of Publicis Worldwide in Beijing) and Publicis Modem Chengdu. The agency’s 51 staff members will be folded into Publicis’ local team. Its CEO, Alan Yang, will become Managing Director of Publicis Modem Beijing and Publicis Modem Chengdu, and will report to the CEO of Publicis Beijing.
Coupled with the acquisition of Shanghai agency Wangfan earlier this month, the acquisition of Gomye, which remains subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, further emphasizes Publicis Worldwide’s strong commitment to building leading digital capabilities across China.
Founded in 2003, Gomye’s superior digital expertise, coupled with its leading position in Chengdu and Chongqing, ideally place the agency to benefit from the strong growth potential of China’s most important western cities. Following a period of investment in the coastal metropolises of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, China’s 2011-2016 Five Year Plan, approved inMarch 2011, gives priority focus to developing the country’s vast interior. Chengdu – the capital city of Sichuan province — and its sister city Chongqing are among the economic, transportation and communications hubs designated for massive investment and rapid growth. Gomye’s clients includes Vanke Real Estate (China’s largest residential developer), movie and media company Huayi Brothers Media Group, liquor company Wuliangye Yibin, China Mobile and China Telecom.
This is the latest in a series of China agency acquisitions for Publicis Groupe that includes Wangfan (November 2011), Genedigi (June 2011), Dreams (May 2011), Interactive Communications Ltd (February 2011), and Eastwei Relations (November 2010).
“Acquiring Gomye is a particularly important move for us. It not only further strengthens our digital capabilities in Beijing but also gives us the critical ability to offer our clients significant digital expertise in the booming cities of Chengdu and Chongqing” commented Jean-Yves Naouri, Publicis Groupe COO and Chairman of China Publicis Groupe.
France, Paris & China, Beijing
- Publicis Groupe acquires Chinese digital agency Wangfan Posted on November 2, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Schwartz Communications Posted onSeptember 18, 2011
- Publicis acquires an equity stake in social media agency Big Fuel Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires a majority stake in DPZ Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority stake in longterm affiliate Spillmann/Felser/Leo Burnett Posted on July 6, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire digital marketing agencies Rosetta Posted on May 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Beijing-based Dreams Posted on May 12, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Tailor Made April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire GP7 Posted on April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010