WPP ends the year with nine acquisitions.
1) Mindshare to acquire MASSCOM media agency in Philippines: December 20, 2013
WPP’s wholly owned operating company, Mindshare, a global media agency network, is to acquire the business and assets of Media Arts System and Services Company, Inc. in the Philippines.
MASSCOM was established in 1986 as an independent media agency, serving Unilever exclusively in the Philippines. MASSCOM provides media planning, strategy and buying services to Unilever, the global fast-moving consumer goods company and a top advertiser in the Philippines.
2) GroupM to acquire majority stake in social media marketing agency, ClickMedia in Vietnam: December 19, 2013
WPP’s wholly owned operating company, GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management arm, is to acquire a majority stake in ClickMedia, a social media marketing agency in Vietnam.
Established in 2008, ClickMedia is a full service social media marketing firm which provides social media strategy, campaign strategy and implementation, as well as social media listening, crisis prevention and management.
Clients include Unilever, FrieslandCampina, Piaggio and Estee Lauder. ClickMedia’s unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2012 were VND 23.7 billion with unaudited gross assets at the same date of VND 12.0 billion. The agency employs 55 people.
3) Grey to acquire majority stake in RC&M, a rural communications and marketing services provider in India: December 18, 2013
WPP’s wholly owned operating company, Grey, the advertising network of Grey Group, has agreed to acquire a majority stake in RC&M, one of India’s largest rural communications and marketing services providers.
RC&M is a pioneer in experiential marketing in India, delivering integrated activation solutions, encompassing creative designing to production & implementation. With a formidable reach across 400,000 Indian villages and 5,000 towns, the company is a leader in the organised rural/semi-urban activation market.
Founded in 1990, RC&M is headquartered in Delhi, with offices in Mumbai and Bengaluru.
RC&M’s unaudited revenues for the year ending 31 March 2013 were approximately INR 360 million. The company employs more than 320 people and services clients in the automotive, industrial automation, FMCG and durable sectors.
RC&M marks WPP’s 12th acquisition in India in the last nine years.
4) Millward Brown acquires majority stake in ARMI-Marketing in Russia and Ukraine: December 18, 2013
WPP’s wholly-owned operating company Millward Brown, a global leader in brand, media and communications research, is to acquire a majority stake in ARMI-Marketing in Russia.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Moscow, ARMI is a leading provider of market research services in Russia and Ukraine. Clients include leading multinational and local brands, including two-thirds of Russia’s top 15 advertisers.
ARMI’s consolidated unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2012 were approximately RUB 735 million. The company employs around 200 people.
5) WPP takes stake in Richard Attias & Associates: December 17, 2013
WPP has taken a 30% stake in strategic consultants Richard Attias & Associates.
Under the active leadership of founder chairman Richard Attias, RAA has built a reputation for helping governments and corporations articulate their global objectives.
Events led by Attias include the World Economic Forum in Davos and other regions, the Clinton Global Initiative, launch of the Euro in 2000, the 2008 Arab Strategy Forum, the APEC CEO Summit in Hawaii, the 15th African Securities Exchange Association in Marrakech, Doha GOALS Forum, The Middle East Peace Summit in Jordan, the contract for the signature of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) in Marrakech, the Monaco Media Forum and the Nobel Laureates Conference. In 2010, Richard Attias founded The New York Forum, an annual meeting to promote economic leadership and in 2012, The New York Forum AFRICA, a pan-African business and investment platform. In 2014, RAA will be producing 14 symposiums.
Commenting on the partnership, WPP CEO Sir Martin Sorrell said, “By building this partnership with global influencer Richard Attias , WPP confirms its strategy to support countries to brand their nations and corporations to have access to faster growing markets. Our ambition is to create together with Richard a world champion in the field of strategic communication, international conferences and global action oriented events.”
RAA is based in New York, with other offices in Paris, London, Rabat and Dubai. RAA employs 50 people and has revenues of around US$35 million.
Public sector clients of RAA have included the African Development Bank, Bahrain, Brazil, China, Dubai, France, Gabon, Jordan, Morocco, Qatar, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia, UAE, UK, United Nations and the US.
6) Kantar to acquire Fisheye Analytics, a media monitoring and analytics services business in Singapore : December 16, 2013
WPP’s wholly-owned data investment management business Kantar, is to acquire the entire issued share capital of Fisheye Analytics Pte. Ltd., a media monitoring and analytics services business based in Singapore.
Founded in 2009 in Singapore with an R&D centre in Hyderabad, Fisheye employs 14 people. The company, which will become part of Kantar Media, works with some of the biggest sports governing bodies, international organisations and governments from Europe to Asia.
For the year ending 31 October 2013, Fisheye’s unaudited revenues were SGD 782,871, with gross assets as at the same date of SGD 332,162.
7) Ogilvy & Mather to acquire majority stake in social marketing agency, Social Lab in Belgium : December 12, 2013
WPP’s wholly-owned marketing communications network, Ogilvy & Mather, has agreed to acquire a majority stake in Social Lab, a social marketing agency based in Belgium with offices in Paris and Amsterdam.
Founded in 2010 and employing 50 people, Social Lab specialises in social media marketing. Clients include IKEA, Club Med, Interbrew, L’Oréal, Galbani, Electrabel GDF Suez, Nespresso, Oasis, Delhaize and the National Lotery. Social Lab’s unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2012 were EUR 3.1 million with gross assets as at the same date of EUR 0.4million.
8) GroupM to acquire majority stake in Vocanic, a social media marketing business in Asia : December 10, 2013
WPP’s wholly-owned operating company, GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management arm, is to acquire a majority stake in Vocanic Pte Ltd., a social media marketing business in Asia.
Based in Singapore with offices in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand, Vocanic is a full service social media marketing firm. Established in 2005, Vocanic has 70 people providing social media strategy consulting, social technology, social media program and campaign management, community management and social media analytics.
For the year ending 31 December 2012, Vocanic’s revenues were SGD 4.3 million, with gross assets of SGD 2.1 million.
Vocanic’s client list includes blue chip business partners such as StarHub, Axis, EDB, SAP, Astro, Unilever, Dell, Symantec, Mead Johnson, Danone, WingTai Retail, MHD, and Standard Chartered Bank.
9) 24/7 Media acquires digital agency Crystal Semantics In the UK: December 9, 2013
WPP Digital’s marketing technology company 24/7 Media, has acquired the entire issued share capital of Crystal Semantics Limited. Crystal Semantics is a provider of semantic advertising solutions.
With its proprietary technology, Crystal Semantics accurately matches advertising to the meaning of a page of web content, greatly reducing the risk of inappropriate advertising placement. With the acquisition, the combined companies will provide distinct advantages to both advertiser and publisher clients through improved advertising relevance and enhanced brand protection. Founded in 2001 and based in London, Crystal Semantics is a major provider of online data services to advertising agencies, networks and exchanges.
- WPP acquires majority stake in Cerebra Communications in South Africa Posted on November 27, 2013
- WPP acquires app creator Bottle Rocket Posted on November 8, 2013
- WPP’s VML acquires IM2.0, a digital advertising and media agency in China October 15, 2013
- WPP’s Kantar acquires Enprecis Posted on September 26, 2013
- WPP’s tenthavenue acquires minority stake in Candyspace in the United Kingdom Posted on September 2, 2013
- WPP Digital acquires minority stake in Mutual Mobile in the United States August 15, 2013
- WPP takes stake in early-stage mobile content platform Muzy June 18, 2013
- WPP to acquire a 49% stake in Heureka Group in Poland Posted on June 6, 2013
- WPP acquires Sinotrust Market Research in China from Experian Posted on May 13, 2013
- WPP announces results for the year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on May 2, 2013
- WPP makes strategic investment in SFX Entertainment March 18, 2013
- WPP’s XM acquires majority stake in Thomas Idea in Thailand March 14, 2013
- WPP acquires john st. a creative agency in Canada posted on March 7, 2013
- WPP reports better-than-expected full-year 2012 results Posted on March 1, 2013
- WPP acquires digital agency Salmon Posted on January 24, 2013WPP acquires remaining shares of three Colombian agencies Posted on January 11, 2013
- WPP’s GroupM acquires majority stake in PLAY Communication Posted on January 3, 2013
- WPP acquires stake in Globant Posted on January 3, 2013
- WPP to acquire a majority stake in Filmworks China Posted on December 18, 2012
- WPP’s GroupM acquires a majority stake in Netbooster Asia Posted on November 13, 2012
- Commarco/WPP acquires majority interest in digital agency KKLD in Germany Posted on July 24, 2012
- WPP Digital acquires majority stake in marketing technology solution group Acceleration Posted on July 23, 2012
- Millward Brown to acquire consumer insight company, Cadem Advertising, in Chile Posted on July 23, 2012
- Kantar completes the acquisition of a majority stake in Press Index S.A. in France Posted on July 17, 2012
- JWT acquires majority stake in digital agency, Activeark Oy in Finland Posted on July 17, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires majority stake in Foster, a digital agency in Brazil Posted on July 17, 2012
- Kantar to acquire a majority stake in Press Index S.A. in France Posted on July 6, 2012
- GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management arm, to acquire Alchemedia Posted on July 2, 2012
- Burson-Marsteller to acquire i&e SAS Posted on June 25, 2012
- WPP to acquire AKQA Posted on June 20, 2012
- WPP plc to acquire 87% of Press Index S.A posted on June 14, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather acquires stake in Istropolitana Group posted on June 18, 2012
- JWT to acquire majority stake in Hungama Digital Services in India Posted on June 13, 2012
- KBM Group to acquire a majority stake in digital data agency Predictys SAS Posted on May 29, 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather to acquire a stake in Today Advertising in Myanmar posted on May 21, 2012
- WPP’s Possible Worldwide acquires Grape LLC in Russia Posted on May 18, 2012
- WPP’s Penn Schoen Berland acquires First Movies International Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP Digital invests in mySupermarket Posted on April 19, 2012
- WPP acquires EffectiveUI Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires stake in multinational retail marketing agency, Barrows Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP to acquire Carnation Internet Tanácsadó Zrt in Hungary Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP acquires Crowdverb, an advocacy firm in the US Posted on April 16, 2012
- WPP’s Kantar Retail to acquire minority interest in retail consultancy GME in the UAE Posted on April 16, 2012
- JWT to acquires stake in digital agency, Converge Technologies in Pakistan Posted on March 20, 2012
- 24/7 Real Media acquires digital video advertising company Panache Posted on December 6, 2011
- Possible Worldwide Acquires Brazilian Digital Agency Grïngo posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP Acquires a Majority Stake in F.biz, the Largest Independent Digital Agency in Brazil Posted on June 3, 2011
- WPP acquires Who Digital in Vietnam Posted on March 23, 2011
- WPP Digital acquires Blue State Digital Posted on December 30, 2010
- WPP acquires Marketing Direct Posted on December 9, 2010
- WPP acquires consumer and business transaction data firm I-Behavior Posted on November 10, 2010
- ghg acquires Geoff Howe Marketing Communications Posted on August 29, 2010
- WPP Digital takes stake in digital advertising measurement firm in China Posted on August 13, 2010