The Bauer Media Group has acquired magazines Inside Out and Country Style and Homes website HomeLife.com.au from News Corp. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The titles join Bauer’s existing suite of Homes magazines, which are Real Living, Australian House and Garden and Belle. These offerings are complemented by the publisher’s Homes to Love digital platform for this category.
The general manager for publishing at Bauer Media, Fiorella Di Santo, said, “We’re thrilled to bring Inside Out, Country Style and HomeLife.com.au to Bauer. Although we already have a strong position in the Homes category, this acquisition is a natural fit for us in terms of further deepening our category specialisation. We will now be part of the entire customer Homes journey, no matter what budget, geographical area or aesthetic.
Bauer CEO Paul Dykzeul said, “We are extremely pleased to announce this news as it’s a key milestone in delivering against our core strategic priorities, our strategic business growth and our commitment to invest in deep category specialisation. It is the first acquisition for Bauer in Australia since we bought beautyheaven in 2015, and it signifies our position of leadership as subject matter experts in this category.”
Germany, Hamburg & USA, New York, NY
- Bauer Media acquires UK fishing event The Big One Posted on February 15, 2018
- Bauer Media buys Beautyheaven Group Posted on February 26, 2015
- Bauer Media sets up €100M fund to be invested in European digital businesses Posted on August 5, 2014
- Kelsey Media acquire Outdoor Fitness from Bauer Media Posted on July 25, 2014
- Future acquires APC and TechLife – from Bauer Media Group in Australia Posted on August 16, 2013
- Bauer Media acquires Absolute Radio Posted on July 30, 2013
- Bauer Media announces full ownership of OK! Magazine in Australia and New Zealand Posted on June 16, 2013
- Nine Entertainment Co. is to sell ACP Magazines Ltd to Bauer Media Group Posted on September 18, 2012
- Marquard Media sells the rights to Olivia magazine to Bauer Publishing Poland Posted on March 8, 2012
- Bauer Media Group acquires women’s monthlies “Olivia” and “Naj Magazyn Posted on February 18, 2012
- Bauer Media on the acquisition trail Posted on June 6, 2011
- More trades exit the race to buy the magazine division of BBC Worldwide Posted on April 7, 2011
- Bauer closes in on BBC Magazines as Future and Burda drop out Posted on March 31, 2011
- Northern & Shell to sell their magazine business Posted on March 17, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles to either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010
You must be logged in to post a comment.