Bauer Media, one of the biggest media companies in Europe , has set up a €100 million fund to be invested in European digital businesses over the next ten years. The fund will be operated via a new VC arm, called Bauer Venture Partners (BVP).
BVP is looking for best in class tech companies and do not exclude any specific branches. They also say they are “We are stage-agnostic”. They will finance businesses in different stages (seed, early-stage, growth). They are looking for highly scalable business models in Europe.
Andreas Schoo, Member of the Executive Board of the Bauer Media Group, said the fund will give them access to “new technologies, teams and innovations in the digital field.”
Thomas Preuss, previously of German early-stage VC firm Neuhaus Partners, will act as managing partner for Bauer Venture Partners.
- Kelsey Media acquire Outdoor Fitness from Bauer Media Posted on July 25, 2014
- Future acquires APC and TechLife – from Bauer Media Group in Australia Posted on August 16, 2013
- Bauer Media acquires Absolute Radio Posted on July 30, 2013
- Bauer Media announces full ownership of OK! Magazine in Australia and New Zealand Posted on June 16, 2013
- Nine Entertainment Co. is to sell ACP Magazines Ltd to Bauer Media Group Posted on September 18, 2012
- Marquard Media sells the rights to Olivia magazine to Bauer Publishing Poland Posted on March 8, 2012
- Bauer Media Group acquires women’s monthlies “Olivia” and “Naj Magazyn Posted on February 18, 2012
- Bauer Media on the acquisition trail Posted on June 6, 2011
- More trades exit the race to buy the magazine division of BBC Worldwide Posted on April 7, 2011
- Bauer closes in on BBC Magazines as Future and Burda drop out Posted on March 31, 2011
- Northern & Shell to sell their magazine business Posted on March 17, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles to either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21,