Bauer Media UK is to acquire the Absolute Radio business from Times of India. The terms of the deal were not disclosed. The FT is reporting that Bauer paid between £20 and £25 million. Times of India Group acquired Virgin Radio for £53.2m in 2008 before rebranding it as Absolute.
Paul Keenan, CEO, Bauer Media UK, said, “We are looking forward to working with the award-winning team at Absolute Radio and have great respect for what it has achieved. We are excited about welcoming this complementary music radio business with renowned digital assets into Bauer.”
Donnach O’Driscoll, CEO, Absolute Radio, said, “The Absolute Radio business has never been in better shape as we approach our fifth birthday. Bauer Media UK is a business that really cares about building famous media and entertainment brands and music radio in particular. This brand will continue to thrive as part of the Bauer group.”
Keenan added: “Absolute Radio and its sister brands are loved by millions of UK consumers and by advertisers. This acquisition will be an opportunity to learn and share across both businesses.”
- Bauer Media announces full ownership of OK! Magazine in Australia and New Zealand Posted on June 16, 2013
- Nine Entertainment Co. is to sell ACP Magazines Ltd to Bauer Media Group Posted on September 18, 2012
- Marquard Media sells the rights to Olivia magazine to Bauer Publishing Poland Posted on March 8, 2012
- Bauer Media Group acquires women’s monthlies “Olivia” and “Naj Magazyn Posted on February 18, 2012
- Bauer Media on the acquisition trail Posted on June 6, 2011
- More trades exit the race to buy the magazine division of BBC Worldwide Posted on April 7, 2011
- Bauer closes in on BBC Magazines as Future and Burda drop out Posted on March 31, 2011
- Northern & Shell to sell their magazine business Posted on March 17, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles to either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21,
You must be logged in to post a comment.