The Big One is held annually each spring in Farnborough and attracts almost 20,000 enthusiastic anglers. The acquisition complements and strengthens Bauer’s angling media business which already interacts with 600,000 anglers each month through its portfolio of magazines, digital editions, social media and websites.
The Big One will form part of Bauer’s growing specialist events portfolio, which includes the London Motorcycle Show, the MCN Festival and Your Horse Live, already attended by over 100,000 visitors each year.
Vince Davies, who launched and owns the event, will continue to work for Bauer as Event Director, building on the great success he has had growing the show since it launched.
Patrick Horton, Managing Director, Sport & Entertainment at Bauer Media, said, “I’m delighted we are acquiring the biggest event in angling and equally delighted that Vince will continue to work with Bauer Media on the show. It’s a brilliant event that celebrates the best that fishing has to offer, and has great potential in the new permanent event space in Farnborough. We look forward to putting the weight of Bauer’s angling media behind the event to make it bigger and better.”
Germany, Hamburg & UK, Ashford, Middlesex
- Bauer Media buys Beautyheaven Group Posted on February 26, 2015
- Bauer Media sets up €100M fund to be invested in European digital businesses Posted on August 5, 2014
- Kelsey Media acquire Outdoor Fitness from Bauer Media Posted on July 25, 2014
- Future acquires APC and TechLife – from Bauer Media Group in Australia Posted on August 16, 2013
- Bauer Media acquires Absolute Radio Posted on July 30, 2013
- Bauer Media announces full ownership of OK! Magazine in Australia and New Zealand Posted on June 16, 2013
- Nine Entertainment Co. is to sell ACP Magazines Ltd to Bauer Media Group Posted on September 18, 2012
- Marquard Media sells the rights to Olivia magazine to Bauer Publishing Poland Posted on March 8, 2012
- Bauer Media Group acquires women’s monthlies “Olivia” and “Naj Magazyn Posted on February 18, 2012
- Bauer Media on the acquisition trail Posted on June 6, 2011
- More trades exit the race to buy the magazine division of BBC Worldwide Posted on April 7, 2011
- Bauer closes in on BBC Magazines as Future and Burda drop out Posted on March 31, 2011
- Northern & Shell to sell their magazine business Posted on March 17, 2011
- Lagardère may sell its portfolio of international titles to either Hearst Corp or Bauer Media Group Posted on December 21, 2010