Financial data company IHS Markit and Informa, the international exhibitions, events, information services and scholarly research group, have exchanged the majority of the IHS Markit Technology, Media and Telecoms intelligence business for Informa’s Agribusiness Intelligence group.
The agreement values the two exchanged businesses at equivalent EBITDA multiples, with Informa contributing an additional $30 million cash to IHS Markit to reflect the larger EBITDA contribution from the TMT business. IHS Markit will retain RootMetrics, its benchmarking business and a portion of its market intelligence business. Both transactions are expected to close in July 2019 and are subject to customary closing conditions, including US regulatory approval.
IHS Markit confirmed that the transaction will not affect its capital allocation strategy to delever its debt ratio below 3.0x and complete USD 500 million in share repurchases in 2019.
Lance Uggla, CEO of IHS Markit said, “The Informa Agribusiness Intelligence portfolio is a clear extension of our Chemical and Downstream businesses and builds our existing data, pricing, insights, forecasting and news services within our Resources segment. Agriculture is the largest end chemical market in the world and this transaction expands our capabilities into fertilizers and chemical crop protection, while substantively expanding our capabilities in biofuels.”
- Informa sells Life Sciences Media Brands portfolio for over $100M Posted on February 1, 2019
- IHS and Markit to merge Posted on March 21, 2016
- Informa completes the takeover of UBM Posted on June 18, 2018
- AI Business sold to Informa (Knect365) Posted on December 6, 2017
- Informa acquires Dove Medical Press Posted on September 26, 2017
- Informa acquires Yachting Promotions for £106M Posted on March 2, 2017
- Informa acquires Penton, the US- based Exhibitions and Information Services group, for £1.2bn Posted on September 16, 2016
- Progressive Digital Media Group completes the acquisition of Datamonitor Financial, Datamonitor Consumer, MarketLine and Verdict businesses from Informa Posted on September 1, 2015
- A Fusion Deal: UK Health IT exhibition EHealthLIVE sold to Informa PLC Posted on February 26, 2015
- Informa acquires a stake in Chinese company Baiwen Posted on November 27, 2013
- Informa completes the disposal of its five Corporate Training businesses Posted on October 1, 2013
- Informa disposes of its five corporate training businesses Posted on July 19, 2013
- Stephen Carter to replace Peter Rigby as Informa Group Chief Executive Posted on July 11, 2013
- Markit acquires securities lending analystics specialist Data Explorers Posted on October 18, 2012
- Informa acquires Zephyr Associates for $62M Posted on October 16, 2012
- Market data business Markit raises $250 million for a 7.5% equity stakePosted on February 4, 2010
- IHS acquires RootMetricsPosted on April 20, 2015
- IHS acquires PCI Acrylonitrile, a U.K.-based chemical market advisory servicePosted on September 2, 2014
- IHS Completes Acquisition of R.L. Polk & Co.Posted on July 16, 2013
- IHS acquires IntellichemJune 27, 2013
- IHS acquires PFC EnergyPosted on June 21, 2013
- IHS to acquire global automotive information business R.L. Polk & Co. for $1.4BNPosted on June 9, 2013
- IHS acquires Fekete AssociatesPosted on April 8, 2013
- IHS Acquires IMS Research for $46MPosted on March 22, 2012
- IHS closes three acquisitions:Posted on March 5, 2012
- IHS makes five acquisitions – CMAI, ODS-Petrodata, Dyadem International, EIATrack & CSM South AmericaPosted on June 14, 2011
- MJH & Associates and ArcMesa Educators acquire publications and events business Physicians’ Education ResourcePosted on May 10, 2011
You must be logged in to post a comment.