Financial data companies IHS and Markit are merging. Based on the closing prices of IHS and Markit common stock on March 18, 2016, the implied equity value of the transaction is more than $13 billion. The deal is expected to close in the second half of 201
The combined company will be renamed IHS Markit and will be headquartered in London and have operations based in Englewood, Colorado. IHS shareholders will own approximately 57 percent and Markit shareholders will own approximately 43 percent of the combined company.
The combined company’s reported results for fiscal year 2015 include approximately: $3.3 billion in revenue, $1.2 billion in adjusted EBITDA, and $800 million in free cash flow. IHS Markit will have more than 50,000 key customers.
IHS makes most of its revenues from energy and automotive data, while Markit focuses on financial information and is best known for its purchasing managers’ index.
- Markit acquires securities lending analystics specialist Data Explorers Posted on October 18, 2012
- Market data business Markit raises $250 million for a 7.5% equity stake Posted on February 4, 2010
- IHS acquires RootMetrics Posted on April 20, 2015
- IHS acquires PCI Acrylonitrile, a U.K.-based chemical market advisory service Posted on September 2, 2014
- IHS Completes Acquisition of R.L. Polk & Co. Posted on July 16, 2013
- IHS acquires Intellichem June 27, 2013
- IHS acquires PFC Energy Posted on June 21, 2013
- IHS to acquire global automotive information business R.L. Polk & Co. for $1.4BN Posted on June 9, 2013
- IHS acquires Fekete Associates Posted on April 8, 2013
- IHS Acquires IMS Research for $46M Posted on March 22, 2012
- IHS closes three acquisitions: Posted on March 5, 2012
- IHS makes five acquisitions – CMAI, ODS-Petrodata, Dyadem International, EIATrack & CSM South America Posted on June 14, 2011