Information company IHS has acquired PFC Energy, a global consulting firm specialising in the oil and gas industry. Its clients are oil and gas operators, national oil companies, service companies, investors, governments and other stakeholders. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
PFC Energy was founded in 1984 and focuses exclusively on the energy sector, covering all phases of the energy value chain, and the assets and activities of key countries and companies. It has 130 professional staff and is based in Washington, D.C. and also maintains offices in Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Moscow, Paris, Beijing and Singapore.
“The acquisition of PFC Energy brings energy information and research depth and strengthens our presence in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East,” said Scott Key, IHS president and chief executive officer. “For more than 25 years, PFC Energy has built a solid reputation as an integrated information, research and advisory firm covering the oil and gas value chain. This gives us the opportunity to expand the IHS presence in high-growth markets, and to leverage the skills and expertise of regionally located research colleagues who will support the growth of critical IHS energy solutions.”
USA, Englewood, CO & Washington, DC
- IHS to acquire global automotive information business R.L. Polk & Co. for $1.4BN Posted on June 9, 2013
- IHS acquires Fekete Associates Posted on April 8, 2013
- IHS Acquires IMS Research for $46M Posted on March 22, 2012
- IHS closes three acquisitions: Posted on March 5, 2012
- IHS makes five acquisitions – CMAI, ODS-Petrodata, Dyadem International, EIATrack & CSM South America Posted on June 14, 2011
You must be logged in to post a comment.