Axel Springer has acquired the 15% it did not own in Axel Springer Digital Classifieds GmbH from PE firm General Atlantic. General Atlantic will receive 8,955,311 new shares in Axel Springer SE. As a result, Axel Springer will own 100% of Axel Springer Digital Classifieds GmbH and General Atlantic will own 8.3% of Axel Springer.
Axel Springer and General Atlantic entered into a strategic partnership in 2012 to create Axel Springer Digital Classifieds. The new joint venture was comprised of the French real estate portal SeLoger, the German real estate portal Immonet, and the European job exchange StepStone.
The goal of the partnership was to create opportunities for rapid growth and further internationalisation through bundling offers in a company with strong capital resources. Axel Springer Digital Classifieds has expanded its job portals (such as Totaljobs, Saongroup, YourCareerGroup, Jobsite and Drushim), real estate portals (such as Immowelt and Immoweb), the regional portal meinestadt.de, the car classifieds portal LaCentrale, and the Israeli classifieds portal Yad2.
- Axel Springer increases its share social video news publisher NowThis Media in the USA Posted on December 8, 2015
- Axel Springer to acquire stake in Thrillist Media Group Posted on September 30, 2015
- Axel Springer acquires Business Insider September 29, 2015
- POLITICO and Axel Springer acquire EUROPEAN VOICE December 17, 2014
- Axel Springer acquires N24 December 12, 2013
- FUNKE MEDIENGRUPPE acquires regional newspapers and parts of the magazine portfolio from Axel Springer July 30, 2013
- Axel Springer sells Gamigo to Samarion S.E Posted on November 16, 2012
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds acquires majority of property portal Immoweb in Belgium Posted on November 16, 2012
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds to acquire local portal meinestadt.de Posted on August 21, 2012
- Axel Springer achieves double-digit growth in revenues and earnings in 2011 Posted on March 7, 2012
- Ringier takes over Edipresse A.S. Romania Posted on September 13, 2011
- Axel Springer acquires majority interest in kaufDA Posted on March 3, 2011
- Axel Springer and SeLoger.com agree on a revised offer at €38.05 Posted on January 19, 2011
- Ringier Axel Springer Media AG acquires majority in leading Slovakian internet portal AZET.SK Posted on December 20, 2010
- Axel Springer’s public tender offer for all outstanding shares of SeLoger.com has been cleared November 30, 2010
- Axel Springer has been on a digital buying spree Posted on November 20, 2010
- Axel Springer gets rid of its wallstreet:online sites Posted on May 18, 2010
- Axel Springer Russia has acquired Gruner+Jahr Russia Posted on November 25, 2010